Plone Conference 2022 - Travel, Venue, Hotels, Safety Information
All the necessary information for enjoying your trip to Plone Conference 2022 in Namur, Belgium.
On October 10-16 2022, there is going to be the 21st Plone Conference!
Get ready for the new Plone 6: the features, stability, scalability, and best-in-class security of an enterprise CMS, combined with a modern, easy-to-use, and powerful front end based on state-of-the-art web technologies.
Plone community is the most friendly open source community there is and always welcomes new people warmly.
Discover the heart of Old Namur, the charm of its streets, its terraces, restaurants, museums like the Felicien ROPS Museum, presenting the work of this 19th century artist or the Museum of Ancient Art featuring the Oignies Treasure (13th century silverware).
More information: https://www.namurtourisme.be/en/
The conference will be held at La Bourse - Centre de Congrès of Namur.
- The Bourse is in the heart of the city
- Proximity to major traffic routes and public transport
- In a magnificent building of character
- Nestled in the heart of the city, the Bourse combines functionality and modern infrastructure
- The Bourse is fully accessible for people with reduced mobility
How to get to the venue
The city of Namur nestled in a set of greenery at the confluence of two rivers is situated only a stone’s throw from Brussels, its international airport (BRU) and high-speed railway station (Brussels South).
Namur is also very close to the main regional airport Charleroi Brussels South (CRL).
The city of Namur is therefore easily accessible from all major European cities through daily connections operated as well by classic low-cost companies.
The city can propose seven hotels at less than 5 minutes (by walk or bus) from the Conference venue:
- IBIS Namur Center - ★★★ (50 rooms have been pre-booked until mid-September, please mention that you are coming for the Plone Conference)
- Les Tanneurs - ★★★★
- Château de Namur - ★★★★
- The Royal Snail - ★★★★
- Ne5t Hotel Spa - ★★★★
- Flandre - ★★★
- Beauregard - ★★
We are aiming for making a safe event for everyone. Here is information about Covid in Belgium.
Tickets are now available and include:
- Access to two days of training sessions
- Access to three days of the conference
- Lunch included
- 40+ presentations
- Interact with speakers, sponsors, and attendees
- Join the community sprints
- Conference T-shirt
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we are happy to help you!