Plone 6.0.0a4 Released
The fourth alpha release contains various fixes and improvements.
Download and installation: https://plone.org/download/releases/6.0.0a4
The fourth alpha release of Plone 6 contains various fixes and improvements. Read more about the upcoming Plone 6.
Thank you to everyone involved!
Changes since 6.0.0a3:
setuptools62.0.0 by default.
waitressto version 2.1.1 to mitigate a vulnerability in that package.
Zope5.5.1: Enhance cookie support.
- Remove RequireJS.
- Remove default resource jQuery. It is added to the global namespace via the bundle.
- Remove support for conditional comments in script and style tags. It's not supported since IE10.
- Remove dependency on mockup. Mockup is now a npm package only and as such a dependency of plone.staticresources.
- New resource registry to simplify CSS/JS registration.
- Only "bundles" are registered - support of "resources" and "bundle resources" is removed.
- Removed TTW compilation of bundles via r.js and less.js.
merge_withis no longer needed in HTTP/2 times and merging here unsupported.
- Unique key for delivery is based on hash of bundle file,
last_compilationproperty is deprecated.
Implement modern images scales. Add huge (1600px), great (1200px), larger (1000px), teaser (600px). Amend preview and mini (remove height constraint).
- Add TinyMCE template plugin to the plugins vocabulary.
- Add TinyMCE alignment classes, to avoid style usage.
plone.voltois now a dependency of the
- PLIP 2780: Move features of
plone.recipe.zope2instance: by default do not create a temporary storage.
plone.scale: Removed deprecated
plone.app.linkintegrity: Track link integrity of referenced PDFs and other site objects in IFRAME SRC references.
plone.outputfilters: Resolve UIDs in SRC= attribute of of SOURCE and IFRAME elements.
plone.app.querystring: Add lazy attribute to vocabularies to prevent fetching any results.
- Deactivate copy button and modal in theming control panel.
- Remove all thememapper functionality from theming control panel, including Inspect/Modify theme and the Preview.
plone.app.users: Show unfiltered member fields for manager in user profile page.
- Remove implicit dependency on Mockup. Mockup is no longer a Python package, only an npm package.
- Update datetime pattern options for Patternslib pat-date-picker/pat-datetime-picker.
- Fixes for latest z3c.form.
- Reimplementation of ObjectSubForm and ISubformFactory, backported from older z3c.form.
- Use better types for inputs.
- Use browser native date and datetime-local input together with patternslib date-picker.
- Implement TimeWidget which renders
<input type="time" />.
- Use pat-validation in forms.
- Fixed for latest z3c.form
plone.z3cform: compatibility with latest z3c.form.
IImageScaleStoragemulti adapter, both from
plone.scale. Use this adapter in our scaling functions when we store or get an image scale.
Products.PlonePAS: Add separate
GenericSetupprofile to switch the Zope root
/acl_usersto use a simple cookie login form. Useful when Zope root login and logout need to synchronize authentication state between multiple plugins, which is not possible with HTTP Basic authentication.
- Restructure global sections and searchbox markup for mobile navigation as offcanvas sidebar.
- LiveSearch with support for images in search results.
plonetheme.barceloneta: sticky footer.
Note that changes may be mentioned only once, even when they involve multiple packages.
Try Plone 6 Alpha 4
Download and installation:
Read more at the community forum: