The First Plone Steering Circle Meeting
Twenty-two people from around the world attended the first in a series of meetings to discuss community governance
Last month the Plone Foundation Board of Directors announced a new initiative to review and refresh the Plone community ‘s governance. Two concrete actions are being taken, with more to follow based on the resulting discussions.
- A series of Steering Circle meetings will be held to discuss the issues and plot a way forward.
- Beginning at the November Plone Conference, the Board will set up a series of open discussions about the organizational structure of all our projects. All community members will be welcome!
This initiative is described in more detail in the Board‘s statement on the Plone governance process.
The First Meeting
The first Steering Circle meeting was held on Zoom on 22nd September 2020. Representatives from each community team were invited and 22 people from around the world attended. Discussion items included:
- The purpose, process, and schedule of the Steering Circle
- Status of the teams - are any inactive, should new ones be formed
- The Zope team's concerns about expectations regarding meetings, minutes - no, this is not necessary
- The Framework Team vs. the Roadmap Team vs. a proposed new Plone Core Strategic Team
- How to foster transparent communication throughout the community - Plone, Zope, Guillotina, Volto
The meeting minutes are posted on community.plone.org.