SchemaExtender Extends Your Mind
- Product Demo
Archetypes’ schemaextender module is the shiny new way to add fields to and commit other defacements upon existing content types: for example, adding a URL field to News Items. It’s lovely:
- No subclassing, so existing code will automatically use your new fields
- Very little code to write
- Better performance than ye olde ways of doing variable schemas
- Adapter-based implementation, so changes can be scoped to part of a site
We'll add custom fields to one of the stock content types and have a good time.
Post Symposium Media
- Slides (QuickTime). This version has no notes or audio, but it's good if you don't have a Mac or Keynote (or the free 30-day demo thereof).
- Slides (Keynote): the full Keynote presentation. Open the package, and you'll find the full-size screencasts inside.
- NewsItemChannel example product, as seen in the presentation—a great start for your extender!