Roberto Allende - Plone developer, trainer and commercial manager at Menttes. Co-founder of Plone Cono Sur and World Plone Day organizer. r0ver on #plone and Plone.Org.
My team and I first discovered Plone in 2004 and have been dedicated solution providers ever since.I am a co-founder of PloneConoSur, the Latin American contact for PloneGov Project and I'm very interested to continue working hard to promote plone in my region and worldwide. In my work as a consultant at Menttes, my contributions within the Plone community have grown over the past three years. While my experience as a contributor is thouroghly documented below, I have had the opportunity to promote the commercial potential of Plone while working in sales. This has expanded my appreciation and understanding of Plone as a whole and I feel that it has been a very valuable experience.
My Commitment to the Plone Community:
- Plone Community initiatives:
- Co-Founder of Plone Cono Sur a plone user group for spanish speakers countries in South America
- Promoter with PloneGov a worldwide network of governments using plone
- Contributions to Education
- Voluntary Instructor of Plone Courses that are oriented to promote Plone Cono Sur and Plonegov.
- Have given over a dozen Plone talks in Conventions or other events including 2007 Naples Plone Conference.
- Argenina: Buenos Aires (+) Córdoba (+) San Francisco, Jujuy, La Plata, Lujan, Mendoza , Rosario
- Brasil: Porto Alegre (+)
- Uruguay: Montevideo
- Venezuela: Merida
- Italy: Naples (video)
- Planed talks for the rest of 2008: Brasil, Buenos Aires, Cordoba, San Juan, Salta
- Translate materials to enhance woldwide involvement in Plone development.
- Creating Content Rule Conditions and Actions
- Multiple Plone sites per zope instance -- using separate Data.fs files for each one.
- Creating a new theme for Plone: a real-world example
- How to Embed Flickr, YouTube, or MySpace Content
- Plone 3 user manual within the Spanish Translation team (in progress)
- Contribution of scholarly articles
Los gobiernos cooperan, sus ciudadanos se benefician (Government cooperates its citizens benefits)
Revista: Gobierno Digital nro. 10 (Digital Government Magazine, 10th edition). This magazine is edited by a NGO focused on EGOV.
Python, el lenguaje todo terreno del software libre (Python: the all terrain language)
Revista: Tuxinfo (Tuxinfo magazine). This magazine is produced by members of the Free Software Community in Southamerica.
Plone en entornos gubernamentales (Plone in Government)
Published in the Free Software Workshop of 35th JAIIO, SADIO and CommunesPlone.
Mambo, Lenya and Plone CMS: a comparison
An article written for swik.net, currently published in menttes website
- Leadership and Organization within the community
- World Plone Day Organizer (project's wiki )
- PloneConoSur First meeting: the event met 10 talks, 2 free courses, a getpaid sprint
- PloneGov Sprint (coordination of technical issues and plonegov website)
over 2000 people attended in 2007
- Coorganizer of the Plone spanish tranlsation team
- Website Administration and continued involvement
- PloneConoSur site at plone.org
- PloneGov - Free Software Communities on Argentina
- Free Software Communities on Argentina
- Champion of plone.net migration to plone 3 (just starting)
- Mantainer of small products:
- ClockServer 0.2 for Zope 2.9
- createfolder (a content rule)
To be published, currently i am re-packaging with collective space names and adding more features.
- paab (Plone as a Blog)
Is what i use in my blog. Right now i'm migrating to scrawl instead of maintain my own content type. The idea is to create a "Plone Distribution" (as in linux distributions) that is a ready-to-use-solution for blogging.
- MailingList Administration:
- Maintain a Plone Blog in Spanish which continuously documents my involvement within the community
- Open Source and Free Software contributions
- Routinely promote Plone by converting existing open-source project websites free of charge.
- Software Sites moved to Plone for free (tasks oriented to promote plone and plone cono sur): 1 & 1/2 (under construction)
I am passionate about working to promote the use of Plone worldwide and to make an impact on the entire foundation. While I contribute to all aspects of the community, I am particularly interested in focusing on the Spanish speaking market and the non-English speakers in general. This focus is especially evident within the many user-groups that I have created and to which I contribute regularly. I have seen that there is an increasing demand for volunteers within this category. Whenever there is a Free Software convention or similar event, I am there promoting plone; organizing mini-courses, educating the public, and proudly spreading the word. Being a member of the Board would increase my credibility as a promoter and allow me substantiate the work I do on a regular basis. I believe that if needed I can be an asset when it comes to obtaining financial support for certain projects.
Plone Foundation members that seconded my nomination:
- Chris Calloway
- Steve McMahon
- Alexander Limi