My team and I first discovered Plone in 2004 and have been dedicated solution providers ever since.I am a co-founder of PloneConoSur, the Latin American contact for PloneGov Project and I'm very interested to continue working hard to promote plone in my region and worldwide. In my work as a consultant at Menttes, my contributions within the Plone community have grown over the past three years. While my experience as a contributor is thouroghly documented below, I have had the opportunity to promote the commercial potential of Plone while working in sales. This has expanded my appreciation and understanding of Plone as a whole and I feel that it has been a very valuable experience.
My Commitment to the Plone Community:
- Plone Community initiatives:
- Co-Founder of Plone Cono Sur a plone user group for spanish speakers countries in South America
Promoter with PloneGov a worldwide network of governments using plone
- Contributions to Education
- Voluntary Instructor of Plone Courses that are oriented to promote Plone Cono Sur and Plonegov.
- Have given over a dozen Plone talks in Conventions or other events including 2007 Naples Plone Conference.
- Argenina: Buenos Aires (+) Córdoba (+) San Francisco, Jujuy, La Plata, Lujan, Mendoza , Rosario
- Brasil: Porto Alegre (+)
- Uruguay: Montevideo
- Venezuela: Merida
- Italy: Naples (video)
- Planed talks for the rest of 2008: Brasil, Buenos Aires, Cordoba, San Juan, Salta
- Translate materials to enhance woldwide involvement in Plone development.
- Creating Content Rule Conditions and Actions
- Multiple Plone sites per zope instance -- using separate Data.fs files for each one.
- Creating a new theme for Plone: a real-world example
- How to Embed Flickr, YouTube, or MySpace Content
- Plone 3 user manual within the Spanish Translation team (in progress)
- Contribution of scholarly articles
- Los gobiernos cooperan, sus ciudadanos se benefician (Government cooperates its citizens benefits)
Revista: Gobierno Digital nro. 10 (Digital Government Magazine, 10th edition). This magazine is edited by a NGO focused on EGOV.
- Python, el lenguaje todo terreno del software libre (Python: the all terrain language)
Revista: Tuxinfo (Tuxinfo magazine). This magazine is produced by members of the Free Software Community in Southamerica.
- Plone en entornos gubernamentales (Plone in Government)
Published in the Free Software Workshop of 35th JAIIO, SADIO and CommunesPlone.
- Mambo, Lenya and Plone CMS: a comparison
An article written for swik.net, currently published in menttes website
Leadership and Organization within the community
- World Plone Day Organizer (project's wiki )
- PloneConoSur First meeting: the event met 10 talks, 2 free courses, a getpaid sprint
- PloneGov Sprint (coordination of technical issues and plonegov website)
- Free Software Convention main coordinator over 2000 people attended in 2007
- Coorganizer of the Plone spanish tranlsation team
- Website Administration and continued involvement
- ClockServer 0.2 for Zope 2.9
- createfolder (a content rule)
To be published, currently i am re-packaging with collective space names and adding more features.
- paab (Plone as a Blog)
Is what i use in my blog. Right now i'm migrating to scrawl instead of maintain my own content type. The idea is to create a "Plone Distribution" (as in linux distributions) that is a ready-to-use-solution for blogging.
- MailingList Administration:
- Maintain a Plone Blog in Spanish which continuously documents my involvement within the community
- Open Source and Free Software contributions
I am passionate about working to promote the use of Plone worldwide and
to make an impact on the entire foundation. While I contribute to all
aspects of the community, I am particularly interested in focusing on
the Spanish speaking market and the non-English speakers in general.
This focus is especially evident within the many user-groups that I
have created and to which I contribute regularly. I have seen that
there is an increasing demand for volunteers within this category.
Whenever there is a Free Software convention or similar event, I am
there promoting plone; organizing mini-courses, educating the public,
and proudly spreading the word. Being a member of the Board would
increase my credibility as a promoter and allow me substantiate the
work I do on a regular basis. I believe that if needed I can be an
asset when it comes to obtaining financial support for certain
Plone Foundation members that seconded my nomination:
- Chris Calloway
- Steve McMahon
- Alexander Limi