Who you are
Why you're interested
My recent experience as the organizer of Plone Conference 2008 has got me interested in the following things:
- Improving the transparency and professionalism of the Plone Foundation.
- Raising money for the Plone Foundation.
- Empowering the Plone Foundation to do more, including:
- Take an active role in planning annual conferences, symposiums, and world events.
- Bridge the gap between Python and Plone (i.e. continuing to make Plone more 'Pythonic').
- Push the agenda of 'Plone the product' and help distinguish it from 'Plone the web application framework.'
What you think you can add to the Plone Foundation
- I am tirelessly enthusiastic about Plone.
- I have spent the last 5 years studying the software, community, and processes.
- I have excellent communication skills.
- I have the vision, direction, and motivation to help make Plone and the Plone Foundation the best they can be in 2009 and beyond. Specifically, I can help:
- Improve the Plone.org hosting infrastructure.
- Help 2009 conference planners succeed in their efforts to host the 'Best. Plone Conference. Ever.'
- Cheer lead the Plone Foundation agenda on IRC, plone.org news items, mailing lists.
- Make it easier to find 'public facing' information about the Plone Foundation, e.g. meeting notes, votes, resolutions, etc. via improvement of plone.org/foundation.
- Generate enthusiasm and buzz over foundation activities.
- and much, much more!
Most importantly, the name(s) of one or more PF members that "second" your nomination
- Joel Burton
- Matt Bowen