Here are the rules that marketing event attendees will have to follow in order to get their expenses reimbursed at an event they attend to represent Plone.
* All requests for reimbursements of expenses must be made before the expenses are incurred. Users can not apply after the fact to the Foundation for events they have attended. Requests must be made at least 1 month prior to the event, with very few exceptions in cases where there was not advance notice.
* All requests must be made through this form http://plone.org/foundation/event-sponsorship/event-sponsorship-request. No other requests will be considered. Do not email the Foundation board or the marketing team with requests directly - but feel free to send questions regarding reimbursements or the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The marketing team will review all requests and make a recommendation to the board regarding approval of the request. It is a very good idea to apply for event sponsorship as early as possible, so it can be already included in the yearly budget as a 'fixed' item.
* Only Plone consulting companies or Plone user groups can apply for event expense reimbursements by the Plone Foundation. Small and one-person companies are included in this.
* It is critical that a variety of individuals represent Plone at these events. The board will actively recruit different representatives, recognizing that having the same people doing this all the time limits the value and fairness of this program, as well as the perception of diversity within Plone by others at these events. We will attempt to work with individuals, companies and user groups located near the events.
* Event attendees will have to report-back after the conference using this form:
http://plone.org/foundation/event-sponsorship/plone-event-report-form in order to be reimbursed.
* Event attendees must send the board a conference report, including a photo which can be posted with news item on plone.org about the event.
* Reimbursements will only be issued after the above-mentioned items have been provided by event attendees