Jarn had an expert team to help you with your toughest challenges, your most difficult projects — or when you simply need robust solutions with security, scalability, internationalization and all the other parts that make up a successful system Done Right.
We had extensive experience in integrating and extending Plone with advanced technology solutions:
Geir Bækholt, Jarn's CEO and co-founder now runs Crypho, a SaaS company providing confidential chat and file transfers for business — protected with end-to-end strong encryption for full confidentiality.
- ABM-utvikling (The Norwegian Authority for Archive, Library and Museum) (Norway)
- The Norwegian Archive, Library and Museum Authority is a public institution under the authority of the Ministry of Culture and Church Affairs. Plone Solutions built them a new public website and intranet – both with special attention to accessibility and usability. This is a pioneer project in Norwegian government — the first public government tender that had specific demands to accessibility and Open Source software for the back-end.
- Bergen Offentlige Bibliotek (Norway)
- Bergen Public Library is the second largest public library in Norway. The current organization was founded in 1872, based on a long tradition of libraries in the city.
- Etablering i Vestfold (Norway)
- Etablering i Vestfold is a project to assist the founding of new businesses in Vestfold, a region of southern Norway
- Ibas Data Recovery Services (Norway)
- Jarn has provided IBAS with two generations of all their international web sites, trained and assisted their own staff in building an advanced in-house Plone-based intranet application to track data recovery cases using a workflow-driven approach.
- Institute for Energy Technology (IFE) (Norway)
- IFE is an international research institute for energy and nuclear technology. IFE’s mandate is to undertake research and development, on an ideal basis and for the benefit of society, within the Energy and Petroleum sector and to carry out assignments in the field of nuclear technology for the nation. The Institute will increasingly concentrate on safety and environmental research within these fields.
- Nokia (Qt Software) (Norway)
- The Qt Software part of Nokia (earlier known as Trolltech) makes software frameworks to make the lives of software developers easier. Jarn built their website, intranet and collaborative project spaces for improved internal communication, all in collaboration with their internal tech-team whom we coached throughout the process.
- NordForsk (Norway)
- NordForsk is an organisation under the Nordic Council of Ministers that provides funding for Nordic research cooperation as well as advice and input on Nordic research policy.
- Nordic Council (Denmark)
- The Nordic Council and the Nordic Council of Ministers is an intergovernmental forum for co-operation between the Nordic countries. It was established following World War II and its first concrete result was the introduction in 1952 of a common labour market and free movement across borders without passports for the countries' citizens.
- Nortek (Norway)
- Nortek develops and manufacturers Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCP) and current meters for use in the ocean, rivers, lakes and laboratories.
- Norwegian Consumer Council (Forbrukerrådet) (Norway)
- The Consumer Council of Norway is an independent organization representing the interests of consumers. Their objectives are to work to increase consumer influence in society, to contribute to consumer-friendly developments, and to promote measures that strengthen the position of consumers. The Consumer Council is free to develop an independent consumer policy, and is independent of commercial interests and other organizations. Plone Solutions has worked closely with them for more than two years, building an advanced intranet solution integrating many of the different services (both proprietary and open) defining IT platform – effectively providing massively improved access to information and communications for all their employees. (Note: The screenshot and link is for the public website, the Consumer Council uses Plone as their intranet)
- Næringssenteret i Vestfold (Norway)
- A regional consultancy to assist in the founding of new businesses.
- Simula Research Laboratory (Norway)
- Simula Research Laboratories performs high quality research, educates graduate university students and supports the establishment of business based on the research it conducts. Jarn built a publication database complete with advanced export support for academic formats like BibTEX, a public web site solution, and custom resource– and asset-management-applications for their intranet. We also supplied training for their in-house employees, who later participated in development and now manage the project independently.
- Student Welfare Organisation in Bergen (Studentsamskipnaden i Bergen) (Norway)
- the Student Welfare Organisation in Bergen organizes student housing, cafeterias, child care, counselling services, sports activities, academic bookshops and a career centre.
- The Catholic Church of Norway (Norway)
- The Catholic Church is a worldwide church, under the leadership of the Pope. In addition to being the Church's supreme spiritual leader, the Pope is head of state of the world's smallest independent state - the Vatican - which is located within Rome's city limits. The Catholic Church in Norway is divided into three church districts - a total of 35 churches.
- The Norwegian Media Authority (Medietilsynet) (Norway)
- The new combined council of Statens Medieforvaltning, Statens Filmtilsyn and Eierskapstilsynet. Plone Solutions provided a rapid consolidation and integration of the three website into one coherent system where the employees publish content.
Disclaimer: While the Plone Foundation performs a rudimentary background check on the content contributed to this site to make sure it is legitimate, it does not constitute any kind of endorsement nor responsibility for its accuracy. Use sound judgement when engaging in any business transaction, as you would anywhere else.