Abstract Edge has designed websites on Plone for dozens of companies including Discover Magazine, Atkins Nutritionals, Vera Wang, World Science Festival, Octagon, US Youth Soccer and The American Legacy Foundation.
Abstract Edge has been instrumental in the development of key Plone technologies such as Archetypes (Plone's core content type system).
Contact Abstract Edge at email@example.com or 212-352-9311 for more information.
- DISCOVER magazine (United States)
- DISCOVER magazine, the leading popular science magazine in the US, hired Abstract Edge to create a new website that would be more compelling to its community and subscribers. This high-traffic site, developed on the open source Plone content management system, contains every article of every issue since 1992, categorized, related and searchable, and allows DISCOVER to take advantage of blogging, podcasting, photo galleries, and video technologies, and greatly facilitates the publication of the online magazine.
- The Century Foundation (United States)
- The Century Foundation, founded in 1919, is a nonprofit public policy research institution committed to the belief that a mix of effective government, open democracy, and free markets is the most effective solution to the major challenges facing the United States. In late 2009, TCF hired Abstract Edge to redesign its website, implement a highly sophisticated content management system (Plone), and migrate thousands of existing articles into the new structure and system.
- The New York City Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center (United States)
- Established in 1983, the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center has grown to become the largest LGBT multi-service organization on the East Coast and second largest LGBT community center in the world.
- Vera Wang (United States)
- Vera Wang hired Abstract Edge to design a new "Fine Jewelry" section for their website, and to migrate the entire site to Plone. Plone provides Vera Wang with the capabilities it needs to keep the website up to date with their constantly evolving product lines. Since then Abstract Edge has redesigned the entire website and added additional content areas including the “Vera Wang Bridal Suite at the Halekulani Hotel” in Hawaii.
- Women of Reform Judaism (United States)
- Women of Reform Judaism is the women’s affiliate of the Union for Reform Judaism, the central body of Reform Judaism in North America. Established in 1913, WRJ now represents more than 75,000 women in over 500 women’s groups in North America and around the world. WRJ's website is fully managed using Plone.
- World Science Festival (United States)
- Abstract Edge, in partnership with Six Feet Up, developed a website with Plone 3.0 for the World Science Festival. The first World Science Festival, co-founded by renowned physicist and author Brian Greene, and with a Board of Directors that includes actor Alan Alda, the President of Columbia University Lee Bollinger, and the President of New York University John Sexton, will be taking place in late May 2008 in New York City. The mission of the festival is to cultivate and sustain a general public informed by the content of science, inspired by its wonder, convinced of its value, and prepared to engage with its implications for the future.
Disclaimer: While the Plone Foundation performs a rudimentary background check on the content contributed to this site to make sure it is legitimate, it does not constitute any kind of endorsement nor responsibility for its accuracy. Use sound judgement when engaging in any business transaction, as you would anywhere else.