SignupSheet is an add-on product that allows site managers to create custom registration forms for events, workshops,fundraisers and other events that require online registration.
SignupSheet is an add-on product that allows site managers to create custom registration forms for events, workshops, fundraisers and other events that require online registration. Each SignupSheet defines the fields that are used for each Registrant object they contain, through the ATSchemaEditorNG product. The Registrant object is what the end user fills out and submits. The workflow places each submitted Registrant in a private state once it is submitted so that it can be reviewed and approved.
The SignupSheet has these additional features:
- Registrant fields can be exported to CSV
- A waiting list and event size can be set, end users are emailed a message stating whether they are pending approval or on the waiting list.
- The signup sheet view indicates whether the SignupSheet is 'full', 'open' or whether user will be put on a waiting list. This is calculated using the event size and waiting list settings.
- End user is directed to a customizable thank you page.
The key motivation behind this product is to provides a way for site managers to setup registration forms that do more than email the fields to an address. Having the fields be configurable is essential, since many groups have specific requirements for the data they are collecting for their events.
If you plan to give to authenticated users a way to subscribe to events, SignupSheet try to fill automatically some registration data from the user's data.
Know that if you keep all default fields ("First name", "Last name" and "E-mail"), they are filled automatically taking the same fields from the user.
As Plone commonly use a single "Fullname" info, while SignupSheet split it to first and last name, the procedure try to split your fullname in two.
If your fullname policy is to keep last, then first name in that order, you can change the same order modifiying the first_last_name_order property in the product's ZMI properties sheet.
SignupSheet is released under the GNU General Public Licence, version 2. Please see http://gnu.org for more details.
- Install in the usual way, using the QuickInstaller
- Requires ATSchemaEditorNG 0.6 or greater
- Requires TemplateFields and TALESField
- Tested with Plone 3.3.5 and Archetypes 1.6.15 and ATSchemaEditorNG 0.6
- This product would not be possible without the Poi and RichDocument products by Martin Aspeli. They provided useful example code, specifically around the workflow trigger pattern.
- In addition Upfront Contacts by Roche Compaan for the CSV export code.
- In addition thanks to Simon Pamies for assisting me with ATSchemaEditorNG, and Andreas Jung for providing useful code improvements.
- Naro for the Plone 3 compatibility work
- Andres Jung for eggifying SignupSheet
Known Issues and Potential Improvements
- Signupsheet needs more explanatory text. Schema editor has been simplified but needs better explanatory text.
- It is possible to prematurely fill up registration by malicious user. Subscriptions are no more saved (and a portal status message is displayed), but confirmation e-mail are sent.
- At release time, the last ATSchemaEditorNG available version was the 0.6.0. Using this version you will have some problems with signup sheet validation (see ticket #26 for the fix)
- If you are using this behind Varnish or other reverse-proxy, you can experience privacy problems. Please configure you environment to not cache URL with thank_you_message, or enable the traverse_to_thankyou flag in the signupsheet_properties sheet.
[X] Unit tests
[ ] End-user documentation
[ ] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[ ] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[ ] Code structure follows best practice
Released Sep 01, 2011 — tested with Plone 3
More about this release…
- Get SignupSheet for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|0.6.1||Bugfix release More about this release…||
|0.6.0||Closed ancients bugs and minimal new features More about this release…||
|0.5.3||Sep 01, 2011||Bugfix release More about this release…||
|0.5.2||May 06, 2011||Better proxy integration More about this release…||
|0.5||Aug 31, 2010||More about this release…||GPL2||final|
|0.4.2||fixes to Generic Setup additional translation files. More about this release…||
|0.4.1||Eggified version More about this release…||
|0.3.1||Bug fixes More about this release…||
|0.3||Plone 3 compatibility More about this release…||
|0.2||This release adds i18n support, Czech and German translations, improved mail and messaging functionality, and registrant management interface. More about this release…||
|0.1.1||Jan 19, 2007||This is a bug fix to address issues in 0.1. The 0.1 release has been removed as the bug keeps Registrant objects from being edited. More about this release…||