Modified policy for deleting objects in Plone
Change some parts of Plone and make possible for users to delete contents not so easily.
The Plone behaviour
Plone (Zope) base the power to delete object looking for the "Delete objects" permission on containers. This mean that normally users that can delete contents inside a folder can delete all contents. In our experience, no-one want a workflow that make possibile to users that can't modify a content, to be able to delete it.
This product change the Plone user interface behaviour, hiding the possibility to delete contents when you can't modify it.
How Plone works after the installation
For deleting a content you must have:
- "Delete objects" permission on the parent folder
- "Delete objects" permission on the content itself
- Beeing able to modify the content (all the contents) you want to delete
This product is mainly targeted on Plone UI and it monkeypatch the low level permission for cutting documents.
If you run a task, a 3rd party product or whatever piece of code that delete objects, this will run with the default Plone permissions (so, only checking the "Delete objects" on containers).
A very similar product (probably better maintained): collective.deletepermission
- Do not handle manage_pasteObjects anymore. It is a good fix for Plone, but this was the wrong product (we only care about deletion here) [keul]
- Fixed low level Archetypes permissions for manage_cutObjects and manage_pasteObjects [fdelia]
- Plone 4.1 compatibility [fdelia]
- project moved to the collective [keul]
- added z3c.autoinclude [keul]
- customized the script of cut from folder_contents. Now performs the check that the user can modify the objects who wants to cut. [mirco]
- Release on RedTurtle pypi
- Cleaned the egg format
- Bug fixed: the delete object menu voice was always available.
- Added policy for cut menu voice, like the delete ones you can cut only if you can modify.
1.0.0 - Unreleased
- Initial release
[ ] Internationalized
[ ] Unit tests
[ ] End-user documentation
[ ] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[ ] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[ ] Code structure follows best practice
No stable release available yet.