Plone4ArtistsVideo is an add-on product for Plone which lets you add videos to your Plone site. It supports the uploading of video files and embedding of videos that are already hosted on popular video sharing sites such as Youtube and Google Video.
Plone4ArtistsVideo product lets you upload a normal File to your Plone site. The file is auto-detected as a video file, metadata is auto-extracted and an appropriate view is rendered (depending on the file format).
Plone4ArtistsVideo also lets you embed a video that is hosted on a remote video sharing site. Simply choose add new "Link" from the add new item menu, paste in a link to a Youtube, Google Video, Blip.tv or Revver.com video, and the video will be added to your Plone site complete with all the metadata.
to experience a nice intro the the product. Thanks to Jonathan Lewis for putting this screencast together!
Add these lines to your buildout.cfg file, and re-run your buildout. Then install the add-ons from the Add/Remove products page in the Plone Control Panel.
[buildout] ... eggs = ... p4a.plonevideo p4a.plonevideoembed [instance] ... zcml = ... p4a.plonevideo p4a.plonevideoembed
- upload a normal file and Plone auto-recognizes it as a video file, extracts metadata and chooses an appropriate player
- support for Quicktime (MOV, MP4), Windows Media (WMV, AVI, WMA, ASF), RealMedia (RAM) and Flash (FLV, SWF)
- upload a thumbnail image to represent the video. When clicked, the video will start to play
- video edit form exposes metadata: file type, author, height, width, duration
- add a normal link and Plone auto-recognizes it as a video link, and embeds an appropriate video player.
- video player support for Youtube, Yahoo Video, Revver, Vimeo, Vmix, Blip.tv, iFilm, MySpace, MetaCafe, uStream
- metadata extraction support for Youtube, Google Video, Blip.tv and Revver.
- extracted metadata includes thumbnail, title, description, tags, author
- FLV URL extraction support for Youtube and Blip.tv
- turn any folder into a video container
- turn any smart folder (collection) into a video container
- provides a video listing view with all videos in the folder including thumbnail, title, description, metadata
- video listing also shows tags, ratings and comments about each video
- Publish RSS feed of all the videos in a video container
- Feed entries can contain a link to the video view page, or a link to the actual video file (enclosure)
- Users can subscribe to a vodcast and have the videos downloaded to a desktop video player such as iTunes or Miro for offline viewing
Video feedback / commentary
- Users can rate videos (1 to 5 stars) and Plone keeps track of user ratings vs. editor ratings
- Users can tag videos and Plone keeps track of your tags and everyone's tags
- Users can comment on videos. Other users can reply to those comments in a threaded discussion
No stable release available yet.
If you are interested in getting the source code of this project, you can get it from the Code repository .