Plone 2.5.4 (Oct 25, 2007)
- This is an historical page intended for people who can't upgrade. Current versions of Plone can be found on the overview page
A new minor release of Plone 2.5. Includes fixes for more reliable migrations, minor UI enhancements, as well as better performance for saving objects.
For installation instructions go to: http://docs.plone.org/manage/installing.
There may be hotfixes applicable to this release. Always check the Plone Hotfix Page before production deployment.
For Windows (21.1 MB)
For Windows (17.8 MB)
For Mac OS X (37 MB)
For Mac OS X (38 MB)
For Linux (32.5 MB)
For all platforms (9.9 MB)
|Release Manager||Alec Mitchell|
|Released||2007/10/09 00:00:00 Universal|
Users of Plone 2.5.x through version 2.5.4 should apply Plone Hotfix 20071106-2 after installation. It provides a vital security fix.
Plone 2.5.4 - Final - released October 8, 2007
- Add migration to set the default GS profile when upgrading from 2.1. [alecm]
- Migration has been much improved, especially for big sites. We only reindex once — no matter what version you're migrating from — and there are several improvements to the actual migration code too. Migration now takes 2-4 times less time, and is more likely to succeed. So if you had problems migrating from 2.0 or 2.1 earlier, try this version. Reference: http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/14945 [hannosch]
- Fix navigation portlet when top-level is private. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6772 [alecm]
- Made Plone use 1/10th of the memory on file uploads. Details in http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7027 (also fixed in Plone 3.0.x) [zegor]
- Use a button/script combo for product reinstall from the control panel. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6457 [alecm]
- Remove silly root check from stripGRUFLocalRolePrefix script to fix migration bug. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/5817 [alecm]
- No longer call invokeFactory twice when creating objects in portal_factory. Fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6595 Nice catch nouri :-) [alecm]
- The page title is not rendered if it's the same as the global site title (e.g. for pages that don't have titles). This avoids duplicate site titles in the title tag. [limi]