What's New in Plone 2.1
After 18 months in our secret labs somewhere near the North Pole and in the Texan deserts respectively, Plone 2.1 is ready. After 3500 check-ins to our repository and a changelog that counts 2200 lines, we believe we have re-defined the content management landscape yet again by including innovative features like LiveSearch and Smart Folders.
But don't just take our word for it — download Plone and have a look for yourself. Plone is available for Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Windows — and if you use the pre-packaged installers, you will be up and running with your very own content management system within minutes.
But hey, you're here to see what's new in Plone 2.1 — so without further ado:
Plone 2.1 Feature Overview
- Faster. More efficient. Instant. Connect with your content.
- Smart Folders
- Automatic organization of your content.
- Powerful Visual Editing
- Producing consistent layouts has never been easier.
- Flexible Navigation and Sitemaps
- Powerful ways to see the big picture.
- Full Screen Mode
- Simplicity redefined.
- Dramatically Improved Scalability
- Improvements for large deployments.
- More Features At Your Fingertips
- Easier access to common operations.
- Improved Default Content Types
- Capable and extensible content types.
- Internationalization and Multilingual Support
- The universal language of content management.
- And much, much more
- It's all in the details.
- Improved Features for Developers
- Developers, developers, developers.
- A Foundation for the Future
- Securing the future of Plone.
This release would not be possible without the efforts of our many developers, community members, and organizers.
In particular, the following companies have helped defray the publicity costs for the 2.1 press release:
- Enfold Systems LLC, $500
- Headnet, $500.00
- 4teamwork GmbH, $200
- Abstract Edge, $100
- BubbleNet, $100
- Six Feet Up, $100
- Spinnaker, LLC, $100
- Topia Custom Software Solutions, $100
German press release
Thanks to everyone who contributed.