mxODBC Plone/Zope Database Adapter 2.0.1 (Apr 23, 2010)
eGenix.com is pleased to announce mxODBC Zope DA™ version 2.0.1, our new Zope/Plone ODBC Database Adapter, with support for Plone 3.2 - 4.0, Zope 2.10 - 2.12 and Python 2.4 - 2.6 on all major platforms.
For all platforms
|Tested with||Plone 4.1, Plone 4, Plone 3|
|Released||2010/04/23 00:00:00 UTC|
The eGenix mxODBC Zope DA™ allows you to easily connect your Zope or Plone CMS installation to just about any database backend on the market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially supported eGenix product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC standard as middle-tier architecture.
The mxODBC Zope Database Adapter is highly portable, just like Zope itself and provides a high performance interface to all your ODBC data sources, using a single well-supported interface on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms.
This makes it ideal for deployment in ZEO Clusters and Zope hosting environments where stability and high performance are a top priority, establishing an excellent basis and scalable solution for your Plone CMS.
We are pleased to announce a new version 2.0.1 of our mxODBC Zope DA product.
With the patch level 2.0.1 release we have backported the mxODBC Zope DA product to also run on Zope 2.10, 2.11 as well as Python 2.4. This was done to meet popular demand, since Plone 3 still uses these Zope and Python versions.
The mxODBC Zope DA is now fully compatible with all recent Plone versions, including the upcoming Plone 4.0 release. Please see the mxODBC Zope DA documentation for details on how to install the product for use in Plone.
Compared to the previous 1.0 version of the mxODBC Zope DA, the 2.0 version includes these enhancements:
- Includes mxODBC 3.1 with updated support for many current ODBC drivers, giving you more portability and features for a wider range of database backends.
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.
- Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 support.
- Zope 2.10, 2.11 and 2.12 support.
- Zero maintenance support to automatically reconnect the Zope connection after a network or database problem.
- More flexible Unicode support with options to work with pure Unicode, plain strings or mixed setups - even for databases that don't support Unicode
- Automatic and transparent text encoding and decoding.
- More flexible date/time support including options to work with Python datetime objects, mxDateTime, strings or tuples
- New decimal support to have the Zope DA return decimal column values using Python's decimal objects.
- Fully eggified to simplify easy_install and zc.buildout based installation
For the full list of features, please see the mxODBC Zope DA feature list.
Licenses purchased for version 2.0.0 of the mxODBC Zope DA will continue to work with the 2.0.1 patch level release.
If you have already bought mxODBC Zope DA 1.0.x licenses, we offer you a time limited upgrade option:
- If you have purchased the licenses between 2009-06-01 and 2009-12-31 you can get a 20% discount on the full price of version 2.0.
- If you have purchased the licenses after 2010-01-01 you can get a 40% discount on the full price of version 2.0.
This offer is time limited until 2010-09-30. Please write to email@example.com for details on how to get the needed discount coupons.
All other users of mxODBC Zope DA will have to purchase new licenses from our online shop in order to upgrade to mxODBC Zope DA 2.0.
Please visit the eGenix mxODBC Zope DA product page for downloads, instructions on installation and documentation of the package.
We provide binary versions available for Zope 2.12 and later, supporting Python versions 2.5 - 2.6, on all major Zope platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX and FreeBSD.