cyn.in provides an out-of-the-box group collaboration software. Unique to cyn.in: Application Perspectives, Microblogging, and a desktop client in Adobe AIR!
Cyn.in is a group collaboration software developed by Cynapse, that inter-connects your people with each other and their collective knowledge, seamlessly.
Cyn.in helps teams to communicate faster and build collaborative knowledge by sharing and discussing various forms of digital content within a secure, unified application. It combines the capabilities of collaboration tools like wikis, social networks, blogs, file sharing repositories, micro blogs, discussion boards and other communication applications into one secure enterprise platform.
Cyn.in is designed to be used by businesses and institutions of all sizes. Cyn.in is an open source application and is available as free and commercially supported software as well as a hosted and managed on demand service.
Unique collaboration Features
- Application perspectives: Filter and see Content Types of the same type, at the same Context. You get Wikis, Blogs, Discussions, File Repositories, Image Galleries, Link Directories, Event Calendars, Microblogging each with their distinct features.
- Desktop client support for instant, threaded discussions on any item. You can set your Status Message, and there's full detailed view browsing direct from the desktop client.
- Generated mindmap portlet displays the full layout of your Cyn.in site in a navigatable mindmap
- Many, many more features, see the complete list of features here: http://www.cynapse.com/cynin/features
Available in various deployment models
Cyn.in is available in the following models:
- As a buildout from source - this is a standard buildout recipe that pulls in all required dependencies. If you already run plone 3.x from buildout and want to try out cyn.in, then this is probably for you. Download the cyn.in Server Source package and bootstrap and buildout as normal. Detailed instructions are available in the README.txt file in the source zip.
- As a pre-built appliance - this is a free of cost appliance that is fully-self sufficient and can be run on most popular operating systems. Use this if you're into virtualization, or want to figure out what Cyn.in's about and would rather not figure out how to do a buildout - download the Cyn.in software appliance and watch the How-To setup video while you're doing that.
- Commercially supported deployments are available for running Cyn.in On-Premise and On-Demand with dedicated instances on Amazon EC2
Server Screenshots(Web interface) - Click to enlarge
Desktop Client made in Adobe AIR (Click to enlarge)
Cyn.in is available under the GNU GPL v3 Open Source License, read the full details of the licensing at: http://www.cynapse.com/resources/cynin-gpl-v3-open-source-license
[ ] Unit tests
[X] End-user documentation
[ ] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[ ] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[ ] Code structure follows best practice
Released Apr 30, 2010 — tested with Plone 3
Cyn.in 3.1.3 release is now available. This is a bugfix release. Major changes in the translation mechanism are included, please read the notes in the Translations section, for more info. Cyn.in Community Edition users should read the note on removal of legacy products before upgrading their Cyn.in instances
More about this release…
- Get cyn.in for all platforms
- Cyn.in Community Edition Software Appliance -v3.1.3
- Get cyn.in for all platforms
- Cyn.in Community Edition Source - v3.1.3
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|3.1.3||Apr 30, 2010||Cyn.in 3.1.3 release is now available. This is a bugfix release. Major changes in the translation mechanism are included, please read the notes in the Translations section, for more info. Cyn.in Community Edition users should read the note on removal of legacy products before upgrading their Cyn.in instances More about this release…||
|3.0.5||Nov 27, 2009||Cyn.in v3.0.5 includes some cool new features and some UI improvements: Out-of-box support for Publishing content to anonymous users, UI Enhancements - User toolbar introduced in the adder bar, Google Chrome Frame Support added, now based on Plone v3.3.1 and over 40 stories fixed in this update. More about this release…||
|3.0.4||Nov 05, 2009||Cyn.in v3 is a major feature release. New in this release: Facebook style Discussions, Audio and Video Streaming; Faceted Search and Filtering, Crowd Rating, Customizable Spaces and a great new user experience. More about this release…||
|2.1||Dec 06, 2008||Cyn.in v2.1 is a major feature release. New in this release: Application Perspectives, the cyn.in desktop client and more More about this release…||