A content type inspired on the IPTC's News Industry Text
Table of Contents
News articles in Plone are instances of the 'News Item' content type: they can contain a title, a description, a body text, an image and some basic metadata. If you publish a couple of items from time to time, this is fine.
But suppose you have to publish dozens of items everyday... How do you tell your readers who they are about? What do they cover? Where do they took place? And, more important, how do you classify them? How do you organize them? How do you tell your readers which ones are newsworthy?
To solve these, and other issues, the IPTC developed XML standards to define the content and structure of news articles. NITF, NewsML and NewsCodes are among these standards and they support the classification, identification and description of a huge number of news articles characteristics.
NITF is intended to structure independent news articles and this package aims to implement a content type inspired by the specification.
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add collective.nitf to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.nitf
After updating the configuration you need to run ''bin/buildout'', which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the 'Site Setup' page in a Plone site and click on the 'Add-ons' link.
Check the box next to collective.nitf and click the 'Activate' button.
All news articles provide @@nitf and @@newsml views that are available although are not registered.
- Remove unused gallery_viewlet template. [hvelarde]
- Fix @@images view to proper use all the params it receives [ericof]
- Changes galleria debug to off mode. [cleberjsantos]
- Fix galleria view with large image. [cleberjsantos]
- Update Brazilian Portuguese translation. [hvelarde]
- Fix image scaling of Dexterity images. [ericof]
- Cleanup Galleria code; add title and description (when available). [ericof]
- Fix character counter selector. [cleberjsantos]
- News Article now support plone.app.contenttypes [ericof]
- Remove default and missing_value attributes from text field, this is causing problems with the RichText widget in Plone 4.3, now that is handled in the indexer. [jpgimenez]
- Package is now Dexterity 2.0 and Plone 4.3 compatible (closes #52). [jpgimenez, hvelarde]
- Remove needless registration of TokenInputFieldWidget now made at installation time of collective.z3cform.widgets in new release 1.0b6. [hvelarde]
- Upgrade step to fix content created before the setting of widgets default values (closes #49). [jpgimenez]
- Fix for summary_view with NITF content inside. [jpgimenez]
- Remove old js code to collapse edit form. [jpgimenez]
- Support image traversal. [jpgimenez]
- Use galleria.io for image galleries with a custom theme. [jpgimenez]
- Move the gallery to an overlay and load the images with ajax. [jpgimenez]
- Package is no longer compatible with Plone 4.1. [hvelarde]
- Do not show the folder listing if there are no files or links inside the News Article. [hvelarde]
- Initial Brazilian Portuguese translation. [agnogueira]
- NITF content type does not implement INonStructuralFolder any longer to allow folder factories menu. [jpgimenez]
- Add Pillow as a dependency of the package. [hvelarde]
- PEP8 fixes. [ericof]
- Create named vocabularies for Genres and Urgencies. [ericof]
- Vocabularies terms are now shown sorted; tests added. [hvelarde]
- Replaced the UserFriendlyTypes vocabulary in favor of ReallyUserFriendlyTypes. [frapell]
- Control panel fields sections and possible_genres were renamed to available_sections and available_genres; some code refactoring for better readability; tests were updated. [hvelarde]
- Added a field to the control panel to set the relatable content types; tests were updated. [hvelarde]
- Add-on layer was renamed to INITFLayer. [hvelarde]
- Change relatedItem widget to use MultiContentSearchFieldWidget. [flecox]
- Adds support to new-style Collections. [davilima6]
- Added charcount functionality for title and description [quimera]
- fix alternative view for news articles. [cleberjsantos]
- Make the NITF object to provide the INonStructuralFolder interface so comments can be added to them. [frapell]
- Dependency package collective.prettydate no longer has a GS profile. [hvelarde]
- Indexes are now installed in an alternate way so catalog information is not lost on package reinstall (fixes #33). [hvelarde]
- Spanish translation of News Codes was updated. [hvelarde]
- Initial release.
[X] Unit tests
[ ] End-user documentation
[X] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[X] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[X] Code structure follows best practice
No stable release available yet.
|1.0b3||More about this release…||
|1.0b2||More about this release…||
|1.0b1||Bug fixes and new features More about this release…||
|1.0a2||More about this release…||GPL||alpha|
|1.0a1||Initial release. More about this release…||