CMF Bibliography AT
CMFBibliographyAT enables the handling of references to various types of publications as they are used mainly in the context of scientific publications. In order to allow for interoperability with other applications that support reference handling, the information within individual references is highly structured. The concrete schema used depends on the kind of publication one wants to make reference to, so there is a variety of different reference types to choose from. The overall schema design follows closely BibTeX's approach, a very flexible and powerful reference management system that comes with LaTeX.
CMFBibliographyAT is the Archetypes based version of CMFBibliograhy.
It enables handling of references to (scientific) publications
in Plone. It provides a
Bibliography Folder content type dedicated
to holding reference objects of various kinds, like for
techreports, contributions to collections, ...
The folder supports import/export of BibTeX formated files per default
and additional formats depending on configuration.
In addition the package adds a
bibliography action to the portal tabs
and it provides a BibliographyTool called
through which you can manage the renderers and parsers for the
import/export functionality (in ZMI).
From version 0.8.0 onward the product depends on ATExtensions (version 0.7 or above). Optionally, you can install bibutils to extend the range of supported import/export formats (including EndNote support).
There are several products available to extend the product's functionality:
- ATBiblioList: An add-on to CMFBibliographyAT that lets organise bibliographical references into selection lists and have them printed in a "ready to publish" style.
- AmazonTool Supports import of bibliographic data from Amazon's database by calling their web service per ISBN provided.
- (more to follow ... ingenta?, ...)
Released Jul 11, 2011
- Get CMF Bibliography AT for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.