AT Vocabulary Manager
A central pluggable vocabulary library for use with Archetypes based products, CMFMetadata and other Products. It supports flat, hierachical and VDEX based vocabularies.
- ATVocabularyManager offers central through the Plone management of dynamic vocabularies.
- This product is based on Archetypes and made to work with Archetypes as well as with other Products. It is intended use is within Archetypes Fields. Using it as a vocabulary provider for CMFMetadata worked out fine too.
- to use a managed vocabulary simply add the term
vocabulary = NamedVocabulary("myvocabulary")to the fields of your Archetypes Schema, import NamedVocabulary from this Product and create your vocabulary with id myvocabulary in
portal_vocabulariestool (available through Plone Site-Setup).
- ATVocabularyManager supports:
- simple flat key - value vocabularies,
- tree like hierachical vocabularies,
- IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange Format (VDEX) aware vocabularies with XML Import and Export.
- Multilingual vocabularies. With LinguaPlone vor simple- and tree-vocabularies, native support for VDEX-vocabularies (also w/o LingauPlone).
- Vocabularies are pluggable types. ATVocabularyManager is prepared for extension with your special vocabulary type.
- Each vocabulary term needs to be an CMF aware content type. Reuse normal rich content as a vocabularies.
- ArchGenXML 1.4+ code-generator does full integration of ATVocabularyManager: via tagged value defined named vocabularies are registered transparently, VDEX-XML files are imported at install-time, stub vocabularies are created at install time and custom types are registered by just providing appropiate stereotypes.
Usage in own Archetypes Products
Home grown code
If you prefer to type your code with your fingers, just do it like in the following code-snippet:
[...] from Products.ATVocabularyManager import NamedVocabulary [...] LinesField('officetypes', widget=SelectionWidget( label='Types', ), vocabulary=NamedVocabulary("""officetype""") ), [...]
And add a vocabulary with short name
officetype to the vocabulary library
ArchGenXML fully supports ATVocabularyManager, read the Tutorial for further information.
The author offers professional support. The classical well-working community support is found at the mailing-lists and IRC-channels around Plone.
Several parts of the code was created for the ZUCCARO project. ZUCCARO (Zope-based Universally Configurable Classes for Academic Research Online) is a database framework for the Humanities developed by the Bibliotheca Hertziana, Max Planck Institute for Art History For further information: "zuccaro.biblhertz.it"http://zuccaro.biblhertz.it
- 2004-2006 by BlueDynamics Alliance, Klein + Partner KEG, Austria
and parts eduplone Open Source Business Network EEIG, Austria
2007 by BlueDynamics Alliance, Klein + Partner KEG, Austria
- Jens Klein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Harald Friessnegger 'frisi': i18n, cleanup, more cleanup of hierachical vocabularies (see HISTORY.txt), Spanky, et al
- more contributions
- several people committed smaller fixes and translations, thank you guys.
- This software is under a BSD-like Licence:
Copyright (c) 2004-2006, BlueDynamics Tyrol - Klein + Partner KEG, Austria, eduplone Open Source Business Network EEIG, Austria, 2007, BlueDynamics Alliance - Klein + Partner KEG, Austria, Jens Klein <email@example.com> and the respective authors. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of ATVocabularyManager nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
[X] Unit tests
[ ] End-user documentation
[X] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[ ] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[X] Code structure follows best practice
Released Jan 16, 2013 — tested with Plone 4.1, Plone 4.2
- Get AT Vocabulary Manager for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|atvocabularymanager-1.6.3||Jan 16, 2013||More about this release…||
|1.6||Feb 26, 2011||Works in Plone 4 now. VDEX implementation now faster (but does not migrate smoothly!). More about this release…||
|1.4||Feb 23, 2008||Make the candidate a final, no changes were needed meanwhile. This release targets Plone 3.x and offers a much faster VDEX-type. More about this release…||
|1.3rc1||Oct 30, 2007||Latest code for use with Plone 2.5.x More about this release…||
|1.2||Jun 06, 2007||After some years we got a first final release, unbelievable! This release targets Plone 2.5. More about this release…||
|1.1||ATVM ready for Plone 2.5 and LinguaPlone. More about this release…||
|1.0.0-beta2||First offical package! More about this release…||