ARFilePreview comes as a possible file object, that has built in html preview of the file, and full text indexation without need of TextIndexNG. ARFilePreview uses standard plone tools in order to do the trick. ARFilePreview is fully compliant with WebDAV, ExternalEditor, FTP and any third party mass loader.
What is ARFilePreview
ARFilePreview is a replacement for standard Plone File object.
It adds a new content type : FilePreview.
Please read carefully this page if you wish to install ARFilePreview.
A FilePreview object is a File that provides :
- normal file download
- preview inline, in a smart CSS box
- highlight of searched words into the preview, when a FilePreview is found
- full page view of the HTML preview
- support for images that are included into the file
- full support for FTP, WebDAV and ExternalEditor
Why is ARFilePreview better than other equivalent solutions ?
ARFilePreview is totally conform with Plone design :
- Do the job, do it only once
- the preview is computed once, and stored together with the original file : no need to compute it again
- when the object is renamed, the file contained is renamed accordingly
- ARFilePreview uses standard PortalTransforms : no need to have a custom set of transforms
- ARFilePreview computes the original file only once : fileformat is converted to html once, and that is used for indexation
- ARFilePreview uses standard index for full text index, no need of custom index
- ARFilePreview is designed to be used as base class for all other File based content types. The contained file is considered as PrimaryFieldMarchaller and is always available with FTP and WebDAV (version 1 : version 2 uses ATFile capabilities)
How can I get a preview for other file' types ?ARFilePreview is designed for use with any PortalTransforms. Therefore you may add support for all MSOffice, OpenOffice.org (v1 and v2), OpenDocument formats and extended PDF with AROfficeTransforms.
ARFilePreview is extensible : you may virtually transform any file to preview, based on a filetype_to_html transform. For example, you may have some image_to_html, video_to_html or anything you may imagine.
Version 1 or version 2 ?Version 1 is Archetypes based
. It includes all the necessary code in order to handle properly WebDAV, FTP and ExteralEditor.Version 1 is available here
Version 2 adapts "on the fly" existing ATFiles and provides 3 different views
(these views are available via the 'Display' menu, the same that is used for Folders):
- nomal File view : you can download the file, it is full text indexed, the preview isn't shown.
- File + preview view : you can preview the file online, it is full text indexed, you can download the file.
- Only preview : the file isn't available for download. The File is displayed as a Plone Document : it fits the content space. It is full text indexed.
- You can choose your prefered view for each file.
CreditsARFilePreview is developped by atReal
and is publised under Gnu Public Licence.
Original concept and funding by Inserm France - Ando RAKOTONIRINA and Julien TOGNAZZI
More infos in README.
Released Jul 03, 2007 — tested with Plone 2.5
- Fixes the uninstall procedure
- Fixes bugs on cut/paste, copy/paste, webdav PUT, etc.
More about this release…
- Get ARFilePreview for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|2.3.0-pre1||Sep 01, 2007||This is the first release for Plone3 based on the new plone.transforms utility. More about this release…||
|2.2.0-pre2||Sep 04, 2007||This version has better suport for Plone3 and KSS. More about this release…||
|2.1.2||Jul 03, 2007||- Fixes the uninstall procedure - Fixes bugs on cut/paste, copy/paste, webdav PUT, etc. More about this release…||
|2.1.1||Jun 25, 2007||Uninstall script DOES something useful ATImage is no longer adapted More about this release…||
|2.1||Apr 18, 2007||The preview views are now available throught the view_methods ("display" tab). More about this release…||
|2.0||Apr 06, 2007||This version of ARFilePreview adapts the ATFile. More about this release…||
|1.0||Apr 18, 2007||A new file-like type which provides a preview and behaves well with external-editor and webdav. More about this release…||