The annual, educationally-themed Plone Symposium which has long taken place at Penn State University moves this year to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh as the Plone Symposium Midwest. The event will draw attendees from educational institutions who are web site integrators, consultants, users, content managers and developers in North America and beyond.
The deadline for earlybird registration is April 2nd and is rapidly approaching. Have you registered? If not, visit the registration site now and guarantee yourself seats at the only Plone event in North America this year at a $55 savings.
The Symposium schedule includes:
- Three days of training, offered by recognized experts and long time contributors to Plone (June 2, 3, and 4)
- One day of Plone 101, an introduction to web content management systems, an overview of Plone's enterprise class features, and use cases demonstrating Plone's applications (June 4)
- Two days of presentations, with topics covering the benefits of Plone, developing add-on modules, theming Plone sites, and cases for Intranets (June 5 and 6)
- Three days of "sprints," which are collaborative work teams that give back to the Plone community by writing new code, fixing bugs, writing documentation, creating test cases, and designing new themes (June 7, 8, and 9)
This year's conference will have THREE keynote speakers:
- UW Oshkosh's own journalistic powerhouse, Grace Lim, who has written for national publications including The Star, and who relies on Plone to power her high profile media events
- leadership coach and team performance consultant Dr. Curtis Odom from MOR Associates, the firm that developed and delivers IT leadership programs for University of Wisconsin System, MIT, Stanford, and other renowned universities
- our Plone community keynote speaker will be the inimitable, irrepressible, indefatigable Elizabeth Leddy: Plone Foundation Board member, take-charge dynamo, and no-holds-barred deployment expert