This weekend (December 2-5, 2005), the plone.org website will be upgraded and moved to a new server. The changes involved will be:
- plone.org will be put in read-only mode for the duration of the transition
- The site will be upgraded to Plone 2.1 (RSS feed address will change because of this, so make sure you check back and re-subscribe)
- The site will have an authentication back-end using LDAP — privilege changes to SVN and other systems will now be instant
- We will switch to Trac for issue tracking
- plone.org will be on a different IP, so you will get the old site until your local DNS updates.
SVN access will not be affected, so any Plone, Archetypes and Collective work can proceed as normal.