What are the differences between the betas and RC1?
- Plone comes with an i18n folder with approximately 20 languages (please co-ordinate
with the "i18n effort":/development/i18n to add your language). These are pre-installed in the Windows installer package.
- Xopus was removed (will possibly be available as an add-on later); we have kept XSDHTMLEditor but will be removing it as 1.1 comes and we can move it to an add-on.
- Lots of bug fixes. Small feature enhancements (filename staying in form
if validation fails) and usability issues addressed.
- migration machinery has been updated and hopefully you should have no problems migrating from any beta release to RC1.
- RC1 is being run on plone.org with great results.
Plone is gathering a healthy community around it. The focus in the near future will be documentation and a stable 1.0 release. Plone is already being used all over the world for many different purposes. Please "tell us":mailto:email@example.com about your experiences. We are now preparing the final announcements, finishing touches and installer integration, and watching the "issue collector":/collector for any issues reported.
- Do a full backup (Both the products dir and Data.fs).
- Delete the CMFPlone directory and replace with the new one.
- Stop and start Zope
- Enter your Plone site via the ZMI (http://myplonesite:8080/manage).
- Add a Plone Migration tool if there isn't one displayed already - the name should be portal_migration (Add a Plone Tool -> Migration Tool).
- Enter the portal_migration tool and double check that the version displayed is correct (You can override the settings if you know that you have a different version).
- Click the "Click here to migrate" link.
- Voilá - your Plone site should be up to date. Please report any errors to us.
Download and test
"Download Plone RC1 here":/download and help us find any remaining bugs.
The final release will hopefully be out by the end of this month, or early next month.
We wish everybody a nice holiday, and look forward to making year 2003 the Year of Plone. :)
**The Plone Team**