Would you like to help choose what goes into Plone 4?
The Plone Framework team is now receiving applications and nominations for membership in the Plone 4 Framework Team.
The Framework Team will be responsible for evaluating Plone Improvement Proposals (PLIPs) and implementations for Plone 4.x. The team also nominates the release manager to the Plone Foundation Board, which does the hiring. PLIP evaluation consists of considering the benefits and risks associated with a PLIP and casting a reasoned and explained +/- 1 vote on each proposal. Framework Team members also follow PLIP implementation, and make acceptance recommendations to the Release Manager.
- An awareness of community strategic discussions about Plone's development;
- Ability to make a long-term commitment. Plone 4 will take some time, and the team will stay together to work on the entire 4.x series.
- A good understanding of Plone's architecture and UI: enough to weigh risks and benefits;
- Time to keep up with discussions on the Framework Team mailing lists;
- The ability to occasionally budget a significant amount of time for evaluating PLIPs or implementations in detail as deadlines approach;
- The ability to work with SVN well enough to test PLIP integration and implementation for final evaluation;
- The personality to get along well in a flexible, give-and-take group process and to accept and support group decisions.
New Framework Team members will be chosen by existing Framework Team members and involved FWT alumni. Considerations will include many criteria beyond the simply technical. The new team must be balanced in skills and likely to work well together.
Please note something new: the Plone 3.x Framework Team will continue to work on enhancing Plone 3.x during the development of Plone 4 and possibly afterward.
If you're interested or would like to nominate someone, please send an introductory note, explaining you or your nominee's interest and qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postings from non-subscribers are rejected, so if you're not a subscriber, send your message to email@example.com with a request for forwarding.
We aim to wrap up the selection by the end of November.