Day 1 - Progress
The hard stats from the mailing list (doesn't add up exactly because of comments etc, but shows the enormous activity):
- '567' mails in total for Day 1
- '154' issues resolved
- '69' issues rejected (feature suggestions not accepted, bugs that aren't reproducible)
- '213' issues edited (target version changes, additional testing/info)
- '82' issues commented (suggestions on solving the problems, how to reproduce)
- '37' new issues or clarification of earlier rejected issues
- '13' other activities (security up/downgrading of issues, resubmissions etc)
Tomorrow, the goal is to condense the 122 remaining issues into the main areas,
and get people focusing on the biggest issues.
Personally, I'll do a lot of UI work and HTML/CSS template work.
So can you help? Yes! The most important thing right now is fortunately the
thing you need to know the least to help with - **migrations**. We need you
to show up with a **backup** copy of your Plone 1.0.x site, and try to upgrade it
to 2.0 - and report the problems you encounter. If all goes well, you will have
a fully working 2.0 site by the end of the test - isn't that a rewarding
experience, I don't know what is ;)
Join us on 'irc.freenode.net', channel '#plone' - see you there!
Right now I need some sleep though, but #plone never sleeps. :)
-- Alexander Limi, coach for Day 1