Plone® Logo Pack
The Plone® logo is a registered trademark of the Plone Foundation.
Projects and companies that use Plone are encouraged to incorporate the Plone logo on their websites, brochures, packaging, and elsewhere to indicate suitability for use with Plone or implementation using Plone.
However, you are not allowed to use the logo or its likeness as a company logo or for any other commercial purpose without permission from the Plone Foundation. Regional Plone User Groups have explicit permission to use the logo in their promotional materials, t-shirts etc, as long as they don't make any direct profit from it.
Download the Plone Logo Pack (v1) (2.3MB ZIP)
The logo pack contains the following bitmap and vector variants of the logo:
- SVG format — SVG export from Illustrator.
- PDF format — opens in any application that supports PDF.
- Illustrator format — the original master which should open as a vector image in Adobe Illustrator.
- Platform-specific versions — ICO files for Windows, an OS X icon, and an iPhone app icon.
- PNG format — the preferred format for web use.
- Available pre-rendered logo heights are: 16px, 32px, 40px, 48px, 56px, 64px, 128px, 256px.
- All images are optimized (using OptiPNG and pngcrush, see below) and use alpha transparency.
- The PNGs use an 8-bit palette to degrade gracefully without PNG hacks even in Internet Explorer 6 (see how). However, the antialiasing is rough on the edges, so we recommend the version with white background instead of transparent if you need it to look perfect in IE6. We include a pre-rendered version with white background.
- The images has been compressed and stripped of any color profiles (see why)
- You can easily use the logo on backgrounds that are not white, and get great antialiasing.
Font and Colors
The font used in the logo is called DIN.
The color values for the official Plone logo are:
- RGB: (0, 131, 190)
- Hex: #0083be
- Pantone: 7461C
Guidelines for Use
The Plone logo is a worldwide registered trademark of the Plone Foundation, which is responsible for defending against any damaging or confusing uses of the trademark. For guidelines on how to use and not use the logo, consult the Plone Logo Usage Guidelines.
For details on proper use of the trademark, consult the Plone Trademark Usage Policy. If you wish to submit a request to use the logo in a variation that is not covered by the logo usage guidelines then please see the Review Process for Logo Use Variance Approval.
In general, we want the logo to be used as widely as possible to promote Plone and the Plone community. Derivative versions of the Plone logo are generally prohibited, as they dilute Plone's brand identity. However, please contact the IP committee via email if you have any questions.
T-shirts and other Merchandise
Making your own shirts with the Plone logo is OK, as long as the profits are donated to the Plone Foundation. Please seek permission from the Plone Foundation if you are planning to sell merchandise that shows the Plone logo.
PNGcrush gamma removal + OptiPNG compression used:
pngcrush -rem gAMA -rem cHRM -rem iCCP -rem sRGB (files) optipng -o7 (files)
Creating the zip file without system files if you do it on a Mac:
cd [directory] zip -r "Plone Logo Pack v1.zip" *
v1.0 (Apr 2, 2009): Official release of the color-corrected logo. Changes:
- The official colors were off in the prerelease version because of color profile issues. The correct colors are: Web: #0083be, Pantone: 7461C
- iPhone and Mac OS X style icons added.
- Favicon for browser use (bookmarks etc) was added. The default favicon.ico file has two sizes embedded: 16px and 32px. There are two additional files available that includes 48px and 64px icons too, but be aware that these are larger downloads, and might not be a sensible default. They are included for future use, when default sizes might be different.
- The registered trademark symbol was moved slightly to improve balance.
- The 16px logo has been hand-tweaked for increased legibility.
- All PNGs have had their gamma and color profiles removed by running
pngcrush -rem gAMA -rem cHRM -rem iCCP -rem sRGBand then further optimized by running
v0.9 (Feb 4, 2008): Prerelease version of the logo refresh.