What do I need to be host of the World Plone Day in my city ?
To be host of the World Plone Day you need:
- A place to give a talk
- At least a Plone introductory talk
- At least a person listening it
That's all. You can improve this list, but if you can fulfill this, you're a host of the WPD!
If you or your organization is not able to rent a place or has not enough people to deal with the organization, contact people who does, could be interested on learning about plone and could help you. Some of these could be:
- Linux or any Free Software User Groups
- Your local chamber of commerce.
- Business networking events
- Your local Rotary Club
- Student associations at universities.
- Local Governments
So, any place or organization where people meet :D.
An introductory talk should present what is Plone, the most important features of Plone, and so on. One example could be:
- What is a CMS ?
- Uses cases
- New features (Diazo, Dexterity, Deco)
- Plone 4 features
- Multiple users & security
- Search Engine and multilanguage
It is the first time I'm going to give a talk (or I feel my talks are boring), could you give me any advice ?
There are many books about the subject but a great and very short one is called Why Bad Presentations Happen to Good Causes that you can donwload freely. In this book you'll learn how to organize a talk and make it interesting.