Process and Deadlines
- All proposals should be submitted by Monday, July 21, 2008 at 12:00am EDT.
- Please submit your proposal here: http://tinyurl.com/48q3hu.
- Selected proposals will be announced Monday, August 4th, 2008.
Evaluation Criteria for Session Proposals
We will use the following criteria to select the winning sessions:
- Broad relevance to Plone community (end-users, integrators & developers).
- Demonstrations of production-ready products that solve common problems of Plone customers.
- Case studies that showcase strategies for success with Plone that can be reproduced by Plone project managers and Plone integrators.
- Sessions that will teach Plone administrators & integrators at beginner or intermediate level the core skills necessary to succeed with Plone.
- Sessions that will help people make the leap to being effective contributors to Plone (both core & add-on Products).
- Sessions that will enlighten people towards why they should start using Plone today, in preference to any comparable systems.
- Sessions that will spark people's passion for Plone by making them feel empowered and successful.
- Sessions that describe Plone community processes.
- The speaker's track record of delivering well-received sessions at past Plone events.
- Geographic, sector and gender diversity of presenters.
Sessions We'd Like to See
This community is capable of a lot, and we're looking forward to your proposal. If you've got an idea, please submit it! If you're looking for inspiration (or a little edge), check out the list of suggestions below:
- Theming a Plone 3.1 site from start to finish
- Intermediate Plone theming, with KSS, viewlets, and more
- Creating Custom Content Types - an introduction to Archetypes, what they can do, and how to create them
- New technologies we needn't fear: Eggs, Zopeskel, buildout, and more
- Connecting Plone to Relational Database Systems
- Be a buildout hero -- real world development and deployment with buildout
- How does Plone stack up to the competition?
- Mixing Plone and WSGI
- How the Plone Community works and how to Plug Into it
- What Plone is (and is not) good for
- How to deploy a rock-solid site (with Supervisor, Varnish, etc.)
- Plone and Web 2.0: Multimedia, Networking, Data Portability and more, in Plone
- Plone performance optimization for integrators
- Case studies that showcase the power of Plone
- Case studies about migration from other systems to Plone
- Integrating Plone with other systems
- The most important Plone features you probably don't use (and don't need to have written)
- A voice from the future: Where is Plone headed?
- Explaining/Selling Plone to the rest of the world
- Plone design patterns (both for theming and development)
- Using Zope 3 tools in a Plone 3 world
- Zope 3 for Plone developers
- Grok for Plone developers
- Why aren't there more books on Plone, and how do we fix that?
Some advice from past conferences: please remember we all want to enjoy the conference! It would be really exciting to have as many "interactive" sessions as possible, with enthusiastic leaders!
We value and appreciate our session leaders! As compensation, we offer the following:
- Talk session leaders will receive 50% off - admission to the conference ($250 - $275 USD value).
- Panel session leaders will receive 50% off - admission to the conference ($250 - $275 USD value).
- Tutorial session leaders will receive complimentary - admission to the conference ($500 - $550 value).
How to Submit Your Session Proposal
To submit your session proposal, please fill out the form we have prepared.