C2E Training Online: Plone 3 Themes & Custom Views
Jun 10, 2009 08:00 AM
Jun 17, 2009 12:00 PM
|Contact Name||Donna Snow|
|Add event to calendar||
ATTENTION: This course is online. No travel required.
About the course
C2E: Creating Plone 3 Themes and Custom Views is a 4 day online course (4 hours a day) where we will start with a theme and convert it to a Plone theme product including adding/hiding/removing viewlets and adding portlets (portlet management).
Course fee: $250.00
(enter m0neysaver as a discount code until June 5, 2009 and save $50.00)
Length of course: Four days (from 8:00am - Noon pacific)
June 10, June 11, June 16, and June 17 from 8:00am - Noon pacific
(the course is split into two days a week for two weeks to allow students to try their newly learned skills and students are always welcome to email in between sessions for input and suggestions if they run into trouble)
This course is designed for the integrator/designer tasked with converting the Plone look & feel to a company or organization branded look & feel.
You will benefit from this course if you are comfortable with the design aspect of web development and not afraid of the command line. This course is not designed for the developer/programmer looking for advanced Plone development techniques.
What you will learn from this course
- Intimate knowledge of Plone and the Zope Management Interface (ZMI)
- How to create a custom installable Plone skin based on a static mockup
- Creating custom views for various content types
- Viewlets, portlets and xml
- CSS, lots and lots of CSS
- Up-and-coming third-party tools to help make your customization job easier
- Troubleshooting and how to ask for help when you get stuck
- Reduce the learning curve associated with customizing a Plone site
- Immediate access to expert knowledge in both CSS and Plone skinning
- Discover best practices in the Plone community
- Insider tips & tricks from experts in Plone customization
Students must have some background in html and preferably have worked with Plone in some capacity.
Students should have solid broadband and a headset with microphone (only a headset is fine though you'll need to type questions into chat box).
About the Instructor
Donna M Snow started her love affair with Plone in 2002. A long-time community member and evangelist for Plone Ms. Snow spends 95% of her time converting static designs into Plone skin products. Ms. Snow has provided training online and off for many organizations in the Bay Area and nationwide.