clients are passionate about sustainability. So are we. Our choice to
organize ourselves as an employee-owned cooperative reflects our belief
that sustainability must be deeply integrated with democratic values
and social justice in addition to environmental awareness. Expressing
these values in a cooperative workplace becomes an important way that
we walk our talk and lead by example.
We offer you assistance in four major areas:
Web Software Development and Integration
- New web sites and upgrading existing web sites
- Plone content management system
- Custom web applications using Django application framework
Visual & Interface Design
- Graphic design
- Information architecture
- User interface research and design
- Organization identity and branding materials
Strategy and Business Consulting
- Internet-based business modeling
- Best practices and tools
- Networking with sustainability initiatives - connecting the "Green Web"
- Training and documentation for the software we build and work with
Agile Project Management
We believe successful projects require regular and active communication between us and our clients. We create solutions in close partnership with our clients applying Agile principles to ensure our solution is on target and on budget.
- American Carbon Registry (United States)
- Environmental Resources Trust started in 1996 the first market-driven private attempt to reduce greennhouse gas emissions known as GHG Registry. In 2008 the GHG Registry became known as American Carbon Registry. Winrock Intl., who runs the program, choose Web Collective to create a new graphic design and implement a significant upgrade to how the Registry's members access information on their accounts.
- B-Sustainable (United States)
- Many organizations in the Puget Sound collect and publish indicator data relating to the health of the region. B-Sustainable is a project by Sustainable Seattle to re-publish this data within a sustainability indicators framework to make the information meaningful, accessible, and actionable. Web Collective developed a web site in Plone that implements the sustainability framework design and makes it simple for multiple organizations to manage a vast amount of indicator information.
- Boston Community Change (United States)
- Interra Project provides tools for citizen consumers to align their purchases with their values. Web Collective designed and built a web-based directory to help people in the city of Boston locate businesses participating in Interra's pilot program. Using an iterative process we worked with Interra to test different ideas until we arrived at a directory that is intuitive and fun to use.
- Eastside Audubon (United States)
- The mission of Eastside Audubon is to protect, preserve and enhance natural ecosystems and our communities for the benefit of birds, other wildlife and people.They came to Web Collective because they needed a site upgrade to include their new brand, a larger membership section, and calendar. They also needed to be able to update their site easily and be able to delegate sections to volunteers who could easily be trained. The workflow that Plone can provide helped with review and editing of volunteer created content so that all postings could be reviewed before showing on the live site.
- ICLEI: Local Governments for Sustainability (United States)
- ICLEI came to Web Collective with the need for a new website that could scale to meet the demands of a rapidly growing membership base of local governments who are attempting to reduce their carbon footprint. They recently had chosen industry leader Salesforce for managing all their member information and wanted to seamlessly integrate that information with their public website. Our work with ONE/Northwest developing Plone/Salesforce connections came in handy and has enabled ICLEI to continue providing its members with high-quality service.
- O’Brien & Company (United States)
- O'Brien had a new set of identity collateral and wanted a new website to match. They also wanted to upgrade to a content management system that allowed them to keep the site current with their latest green building and sustainability education projects. Web Collective designers came up with an elegant website look and feel that adhered to the new identity and our developers customized Plone to match specific business requirements. The result is a clean and easy to navigate website everyone is proud to show off.
- Resource Venture (United States)
- Cascadia Consulting, a Seattle environmental management consulting firm, hired us to design and build a new website for Seattle Public Utilities' Resource Venture project. They needed an attractive website that was easily maintained by many people and where a large amount of content could be quickly found. We gave them a design that spoke to local business owners looking for help conserving resources.
- Tigard-Tualatin School District (United States)
- Tigard-Tualatin School District came to Web Collective looking for help taking their existing Plone site to the next level. The 15 schools in their district each had its own separate website. Navigating between schools and the district was inconsistent and confusing and maintaining these sites was time consuming. Our major challenge to build a site where distinct looking but navigationally consistent school sub-sites, each with its own webmaster, coexisted within a single district website. We created a system that gave each school's webmaster control over the look of their school's sub-site, but that adhered to a consistent overall design and navigation scheme. Additionally, we opened up the website so that every teacher in the district became a content contributor with control over their personal classroom section. Now, well over a dozen webmasters maintain the site for thousands of students, parents, teachers and administrators now use it on a daily basis.
- University of Washington (United States)
- The University of Washington is a large public research university located in Seattle, Washington. Founded in 1861, it is one of the oldest state-supported institutions of higher education on the west coast and is one of the preeminent research universities in the world.
- YES! Magazine (United States)
- YES! Magazine is an award-winning, ad-free, nonprofit publication that supports people’s active engagement in building a just and sustainable world.
Disclaimer: While the Plone Foundation performs a rudimentary background check on the content contributed to this site to make sure it is legitimate, it does not constitute any kind of endorsement nor responsibility for its accuracy. Use sound judgement when engaging in any business transaction, as you would anywhere else.