AXIS Technology, LLC
|Site||AXIS Technology, LLC|
AXIS Technology Software, LLC approached Quintagroup to update their old website to the latest Plone version. We worked with them to create a new site that will have a modern look and elegance. Quintagroup developed brand new Plone-4-based theme and a bunch of additional tools for managing the website. Besides, the whole site was upgraded to get better look, more functionality and easier management.
Key Theme Features
1. Carousel Banner. AXIS Technology website includes carousel banner: changeable set of rotating images, added to the site’s front page with help of Products.Carousel. Banner images rotate every several seconds. Besides, site visitor can browse any of them by covering the corresponding banners titles in the banner bottom bar. Each banner is linked to different site sections, thus it works like an additional navigation tool.
2. Multilevel Footer. AXIS website footer consists of 3 blocks of text, each one is independent from another.
All footer blocks are managed in different places.
- 5 text links columns: these are 5 static portlets containing list of items linked items. Additional portlets manager was added to enable portlets addition to the footer area.
- Footer navigation: this block includes several bottom navigation tabs, managed via ZMI CMF Action tools atportal_actions -> footer_tabs.
- Bottom text: standard Plone footer, managed via ZMI portal_view_customizations.
3. Global Navigation. Plone default automatic tabs generation was not suitable in this case: the requirement was to enable multilevel navigation. For this purpose we used quintagroup.dropdownmenu package that allows creating many-level navigation tabs in portal_actions via Zope Management Interface. CMF Action and CMF Action Category were used as a basis for creating nested navigation tree.
News & Events portlet
AXIS website includes News & Events portlet that collects information from the site’s corresponding sections. Quintagroup developed custom portlet to gather all the needed information and render it in the required manner. This new portlet quintagroup.portlet.collection extends default Plone collection portlet with some useful features: a) configurable portlet items appearance: with/without title, description; b) configurable portlet style; c) turn on/off more... link display for each portlet item; d) turn on/off linking for portlet items titles; e) batching: portlet items can be split into pages, you can specify number of items to be displayed on page.
With new Plone 4 website AXIS Technology Software, LLC got more professional web presence and full-featured easily-manageable website. New Plone Theme features allows site managers to present site front page in a nice way: to highlight the most important issues on the rotating banners. Besides, "News & Events" portlet allows to display recent items from different site sections - all in one place.