medialog.subskins is installed in plone 4, the usual way.
eggs = medialog.subskins
and run bin/buildout.
In your plone site. Install
This should install
Products.PloneSubSkins and the classic theme (and kupu). If not, you will have to do that manually.
The control Panel
How the control panel works.
After installation, you site will look something like this:
- Now, click the "subskins setup"-link on the top.
- Set your sites widths and select some options (see screenshot below)
- Press save
- Add portlets and maybe some content
- Go back to the control panel (click on the "subskins setup"-link again
- Click on the "manage viewlets" -link on the bottom om the control panel
- Rearrange the viewlets if you want to
- Note: Some viewlets declared "double", which means that if you want the personaltool on bottom you will have to hide them on top and show them on bottom (see screenshots)
- Go back to the front page
- Click the "subskins setup" link again.
- Try out some different setting. You can see the color-schemes by clicking "click here to see the colorschemes"
Changing the logo
How to have your own logo
- Go to the plone control panel (see screenshot), click on "subskins settings" and you will get an option to change the logo
- Clear caches (or even restart zope) to see the changes
One or two of the "top selections hides the logo", so if you dont see your logo, select "SubSkins_top_nothing special" from the control panel
Just a few of the layouts you can make