Scrawl: Lightweight blogging
Scrawl is a dirt-simple blog product for Plone.
Scrawl is a dirt-simple blog product for Plone. It copies the News Item content type to create a Blog Entry (with a slightly tweaked view template) and adds an alternative view to Collections (blog_view). Note that blog_view shows either the description of each contained blog entry (if it exists) or the entire body. It's up to the user to limit those results in an intelligent way so that page loads doesn't take too long.
Scrawl works in Plone 3.x and 4.0.
Installing using buildout
Simply add Products.Scrawl to your eggs list and rerun buildout.
Add Scrawl to your Plone site
Go to Site Setup page in Plone and click on Add-ons.
There is a basic migrator available for Quills -> Scrawl. Read the docstring in Products.Scrawl.Extensions.migrate_entries for more details. YMMV.
Thanks to FamFamFam for the blog entry icon, which is part of the Silk set.
Scrawl 2.0b1 - 2011.02.24
- Brought back support for Plone 3. [yomatters]
- Added upgrade step. [yomatters]
- Added an icon for the Blog Entry type. [yomatters]
- Updated the i18n structure. [yomatters]
- Removed duplication of byline template. [yomatters]
- Updated templates using Plone 4 macros. [yomatters]
- Made blog view filterable by subject in Plone 4. [yomatters]
- Added support for plone.app.discussion. [yomatters]
- Converted view templates to Zope 3 browser views. [yomatters]
- Added a Zope 3 browser layer. [yomatters]
- Replaced install and uninstall methods with GenericSetup profiles. [yomatters]
Scrawl 1.3.2 - 2010.03.09
- Uninstall resets display template for existing Collections using blog_view. Thanks to Shane Graber! [jbaldivieso]
- Added support for Plone 4. [pelle]
- Added Czech translations. [lzdych]
Scrawl 1.3.1 - 2009.06.11
- No changes, but re-releasing because the egg broke during shipping. [jbaldivieso]
Scrawl 1.3 - 2009.06.10
- Added Dutch translations. [markvl]
- Added Japanese translation [papago]
- Added Turkish translation [uyar]
- Added Brazilian portuguese translation [danipessanha]
- Fixed issue #9 (compilation problems running buildout on certain platforms) [jbaldivieso]
- Fixed issue #10 (Duplicate Keyword Issue) [danipessanha]
Scrawl 1.2 - final - 2009.10.01
- added i18n markup for the plone 2.1/2.5 layer and added various adjustments added previously to the plone 3 layer. [pelle]
- lets us a div block for the rich text in the blog_view.pt since there could be inserted various block elements and that will create invalid html like "<p><div>My special div block</div></p>". [pelle]
- (re)enabled the 'read more' but with a condition so its only shown if the body text isn't show http://plone.org/products/scrawl/issues/2 [pelle]
- added i18n support (plone 3.0) and a Danish translation [pelle]
Scrawl 1.1 - final
- re-released as an egg. No other changes. [jbaldivieso]
Scrawl 1.0 - final
- Changed templates slightly to fully enable Plone 2.1 support. [jbaldivieso]
- Cleaned up presentation of blog entries if they haven't been published yet (and therefore lack Effective Date). [jbaldivieso]
Scrawl 1.0 - beta 3
- Fixed a bug in Plone 3.0 where the Plone Types Ctrl Panel protested when you tried to save settings for Blog Entries. [jbaldivieso]
- Made Blog Entries open for commenting by default [jbaldivieso]
- Added Blog Entries to the portal factory, so that skeleton Blog Entries don't clutter up your site when you add one but don't save it. [jbaldivieso]
- Added External Method for migrating Quills blog entries to Scrawl [ohtogo]
Scrawl 1.0 - beta 2
- slimmed down blog_view so that it just shows descriptions of blog entries if they exist (full bodies otherwise) [jbaldivieso]
Scrawl 1.0 - beta 1
- initial release [jbaldivieso]
[ ] Unit tests
[X] End-user documentation
[ ] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[X] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[X] Code structure follows best practice
Released Mar 09, 2010 — tested with Plone 4, Plone 3, Plone 2.5, Plone 2.1
Adds Plone 4 support, a Czech translation, and resets Collection display settings on uninstallation.
More about this release…
- Get Scrawl: Lightweight blogging for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|scrawl-1.3||Jun 10, 2009||More about this release…||final|
|2.0b1||More about this release…||GPL||beta|
|2.0||Release supporting Plone 4.0. More about this release…||
|1.3.2||Mar 09, 2010||Adds Plone 4 support, a Czech translation, and resets Collection display settings on uninstallation. More about this release…||
|1.3.1||Jun 11, 2009||No changes from 1.3, but re-released due to a mis-packaged egg. More about this release…||
|1.3||Jun 10, 2009||More translations and a few bug fixes. More about this release…||
|1.2||Feb 11, 2009||Added translation/i18n support and a Danish translation as well as minor markup adjustments. More about this release…||
|1.1||Nov 19, 2008||Eggified Scrawl as Products.Scrawl. No other changes. More about this release…||
|1.0||Mar 18, 2008||A solid, working release, ready to use in production. More about this release…||