#1 — Problems upgrading qPloneSkinSchools to version 3.3
|Submitted on||Dec 29, 2009|
I am trying to upgrade the skin of a site that is running Plone 3.2.2 and qPloneSkinSchools 3.2. Any attempt of upgrade or unistall gives the following error:
Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1093, in _doRunImportStep
- __traceback_info__: qPloneSkinSchools_uninstallPortlets
Module Products.qPloneSkinSchools.uninstallhandlers, line 50, in uninstallPortlets
Module Products.qPloneSkinSchools.setuphandlers, line 56, in setupSiteWidePortlets
Module Products.qPloneSkinSchools.setuphandlers, line 36, in assignPortlet
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
Any suggestions on what could be the problem or what should I look into?
You can wait for bugfix release of the theme or may make following steps by hand:
* Remove portlets, used by schools theme by hand, (which you not needed yet):
o In the plone root: <portal url>/manage-portlets
+ remove the following portlets from the right column:
+ remove the following portlets from the left column:
# classic portlet wich use portlet_links page template. MUST REMOVE
* in portal_setup/mange_importSteps, select "Extension profile for UNINSTALL qPloneSkinSchools." from import "Select Profile or Snapshot" select box.
* Than select following "Available Import Steps":
o Skins Tool
o Stylesheet registry
o Remove qPloneSkinSchools properties
* Push "Import selected steps" button
I tried doing what you suggest. When I get to the "Import selected steps" I get the same error as the beginning... if one unchecks "include Dependencies?" the import completes ok. However, if I try to import the new version now I get:
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
* Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 581, in manage_importSelectedSteps
* Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 347, in runImportStepFromProfile
* Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1093, in _doRunImportStep
* Module Products.qPloneSkinSchools.uninstallhandlers, line 45, in uninstallPortlets
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getProperty'
So I had to backtrack.
To install new (qPloneSkinSchools-3.3) version, you should use portal_setup tool - not portal_quickinstaller.
1. in portal_setup/mange_importSteps, select "qPloneSkinSchools" from "Select Profile or Snapshot" select box and push "Import all steps" button in the bottom of the page.
2. select "qPloneSkinSchools:zexps" from "Select Profile or Snapshot" select box and push "Import all steps" button in the bottom of the page.
Then in portal_quickinstaller/manage_installProductsForm page you should see, that Version at Install time equals to
Product version (this mean, that you successfully upgraded the theme).
No responses can be added.