Quills 2.0 (Unreleased) (Mar 21, 2007)
This is not a final release. Experimental releases should only be used for testing and development. Do not use these on production sites, and make sure you have proper backups before installing.
This version of Quills entails a major redesign and an effort to significantly reduce the amount of code which comprises Quills.
|Tested with||Plone 2.1, Plone 3, Plone 2.5, Plone 2.1.1, Plone 2.1.2, Plone 2.1.3|
|Release Manager||Justin Alan Ryan|
|Expected Release||2007/03/21 00:00:00 Universal|
The overall plans for this release are not yet set, but some overall goals we have include:
- Heavy use of zope3 adapters and marker interfaces vs. content types wherever possible (Zope 2.9-only?)
- Any content type as Weblog Entry
- Integration of podcasting functionality from PloneMultimedia
- A cache-friendly strategy for meaningful, blog-ish URLs
- Integration with Haystack for:
- Topic / Keyword-suggestion, perhaps a la del.icio.us
- Tag clouds!
- Plone 3.0 should be the primary target platform, but it should work on Plone 2.[1|5]
- Any other ideas?
Feature enhancements in this release
The following features are associated with this release:
- Plone 2.1 UI Integration
- Quills should take advantage of the UI elements Plone 2.1 as opposed to clobbering them with its own layout and styles.
- Any content as weblog entries
- A Quills Weblog is currently a special folder type with special document type for Weblog Posts. It would be handy to simply adapt and provide views for ATFolder and allow use of ATDocument or other types such as RichDocument for weblog posts.
We talked about it.