#220 — UnicodeDecodeError

by Ingo Wolfmayr last modified Aug 31, 2009 09:46 PM
State Resolved
Version: 1.2
Area Functionality
Issue type Bug
Severity Medium
Submitted by Ingo Wolfmayr
Submitted on Aug 12, 2009
Responsible Maurits van Rees
Target release: 1.2
Error-log attached (PDF).

Seems to be a problem with the file attachement (xls) --> error appears when attaching the file (also attached). Without this file or other file it works ok.

Plone Version:
    * Plone 3.3rc5
    * CMF 2.1.2
    * Zope (Zope 2.10.8-final, python 2.4.4, win32)
    * Python 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
    * PIL 1.1.6

Poi 1.2.5
Steps to reproduce:
New Issue --> Attach file --> save
Attached:
ZIP archive icon Desktop.zip — ZIP archive, 177 kB (181764 bytes)
Added by Ingo Wolfmayr on Aug 21, 2009 06:47 AM
Updated to Plone 3.3 --> still the same problem.
Attached:
Error_log.pdf — application/pdf, 75 Kb
Added by Maurits van Rees on Aug 31, 2009 09:46 PM
Issue state: UnconfirmedResolved
Responsible manager: (UNASSIGNED)maurits
Target release: None1.2
Hello Ingo,

I find it strange that you could upload that file in this tracker on plone.org and not locally. But I get the error locally too. A new release of Products.validation would help here, as the unicode error appears when trying to create an error message that later gets ignored... I did the changes in Products.validation a few months ago.

But really this is also an error in Poi itself where we are calling the validation correctly by not giving it a request object which can be used during translation. Fixed in r96302.

Thanks for the report!

No responses can be added.