#191 — Dutch translation

by Martijn Jacobs last modified Jun 20, 2012 01:22 AM
State Resolved
Version: 1.1
Area User interface
Issue type Bug
Severity Medium
Submitted by Martijn Jacobs
Submitted on Jul 10, 2008
Responsible Maurits van Rees
Target release: 1.1
We are translating PO to the Dutch language, however I encounter a problem with the following :

msgid "poi_last_modified_on_by"
msgstr "Laatst gewijzigd op ${modification_time} door ${modification_actor}"


When I view an issue it will translate it in :
Laatst gewijzigd op ${modification_time} door ${modification_actor}


I really don't understand why this is happening, as other i18n:name translations DO work.

(BTW, when the complete translation is finished I will post it here)
Steps to reproduce:
Edit the line 627 of poi-nl.po into :

msgid "poi_last_modified_on_by"
msgstr "Laatst gewijzigd op ${modification_time} door ${modification_actor}"

Added by Maurits van Rees on Jul 10, 2008 10:46 PM
Issue state: unconfirmedresolved
Target release: None1.1
Responsible manager: (UNASSIGNED)maurits
Okay, this is silly. The reason it goes wrong here is that in the relevant template there is a typo: 'i18:name' instead of 'i18n:name', so an 'n' is missing. Sigh... :)

Fixed in branches/1.1 and trunk. pot/po files have been updated.

Bedankt voor het melden van de fout!

BTW, Poi 1.1.1 may see a release real soon now (hopefully this weekend) so if you want the translations to be present there, you need to be quick. Being a Dutchman I know *I* want them too. :-)
Added by Martijn Jacobs on Jul 11, 2008 02:24 PM
That is indeed silly, I've seen the file over and over again, never noticing the missing 'n' in i18:name!

I just committed the Dutch translations in the trunk (http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.Poi/trunk/) so they could be included in the 1.1.1. release!

Graag gedaan voor het melden van de fout :)
Added by Maurits van Rees on Jul 11, 2008 11:08 PM
Hi Martijn,

Thanks for the Dutch translation! There had meanwhile been a few changes to the poi.pot file so I synched those files again, filled in some new translations and merged everything to the 1.1 branch.

Finally Poi can speak Dutch. :)
Added by (anonymous) on Jul 14, 2008 06:07 PM
Maurits, nice to checkout the 1.1.1 version :) and see dutch!
Some questions, is there a reason that "Confirmed" is not translated? ( i know Martijn submitted this word ;-) ).

Clicked all of Poi again and found that the following words are not translated ( they don't use i18n translate ):

Added X day(s) (log.pt)
New issue »Issue name here« added by My Name (log.pt)
Match all tags
Also no translation on:
Issue state: unconfirmed → resolved
Target release: None → target1
Responsible manager: (UNASSIGNED) → MyName

Added by Maarten Kling on Jul 14, 2008 06:20 PM
found 2more, "Add response" and when editing: "Release this issue is targetted to be fixed in"
Greetings
Added by Maurits van Rees on Jul 18, 2008 12:02 AM
Issue state: resolvedopen
Thanks for checking this, guys!

The 'Confirmed' translation must have gone missing somewhere during the merging and synching that I did; sorry about that. I fixed that and a few others that you mentioned.

I'll reopen the issue for the rest.
Added by (anonymous) on Aug 30, 2008 10:29 PM
I think I have all the translations, including the Dutch ones, taken care of now. I think I am about ready for a 1.1.2 and a 1.2rc1 release. A quick look by one of you would be good though.
Added by (anonymous) on Sep 01, 2008 05:10 PM
I will take a look tomorrow.
Added by Maurits van Rees on Dec 01, 2008 05:26 PM
Issue state: openresolved
Looks solved to me.

No responses can be added.