Plone 4.2 (Jul 05, 2012)
The second feature release in the Plone 4 series.
For installation instructions go to: developer.plone.org/getstarted/installation.html.
There may be hotfixes applicable to this release. Always check the Plone Hotfix Page before production deployment.
For Linux/BSD/Unix (50MB)
For Mac OS X (36 MB)
For Windows (33.1 MB)
|Release Manager||Eric Steele|
|Released||2012/07/05 00:00:00 UTC|
Feature enhancements in this release
The following features are associated with this release:
- Add "test mail server" form to Mail Settings
- Provide a much more intuitive way to test the mail server settings.
- Switch to HTML5
- Unified list interface
- Develop a unified interface for listing content or items that look like content. This should be an interface that should be usable for normal content objects, catalog brains, — and anything else that looks like content (ORM results, SQL rows etc…).
- Improved search results
- “Search-dominant” navigating is one of the three popular ways to reach goals on a website. Search isn't just useful for finding content, it's how many people navigate. The search of Plone could do better to help these people.
- New collections
- Python 2.7 support
- Add support for Python 2.7. Plone's installers will use Python 2.7 by default, but Plone will retain support for Python 2.6.
Upgrading from Plone 4.1
Please see the Plone 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade guide for more information.
Apple's most recent operating system release, OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) includes a new security feature known as Gatekeeper which limits users' ability to install software which does not come from the Apple Store or is not digitally signed by the developer using a code from Apple. The current Plone installer is not a signed application, so trying to install it on a Mac running 10.8 will require changing your security settings.