Plone 3.1.3 (Jul 16, 2008)
- This is an historical page intended for people who can't upgrade. Current versions of Plone can be found on the overview page
Bugfix release for Plone 3.1.x
For installation instructions go to: developer.plone.org/getstarted/installation.html.
There may be hotfixes applicable to this release. Always check the Plone Hotfix Page before production deployment.
For Windows (~ 26 Mb)
For Linux (33MB)
For all platforms (14 Mb)
|Release Manager||Wichert Akkerman|
|Released||2008/07/10 00:00:00 Universal|
The version of plone.app.customerize shipping with Plone 3.1.3 contains a bug preventing new view template customizations via /portal_view_customizations. Existing customizations will continue to work.
To fix the problem an upgrade to version 1.1.2 is required. Buildout-based installations such as the one provided by the "Unified Installer" can easily be upgraded by making the following changes to buildout.cfg. For instances set up using the "Unified Installer" this file is located at zinstance/buildout.cfg relative to the target directory — usually /opt/Plone-3.1 or $HOME/Plone-3.1.
The required changes are: A new [versions] section needs to be added, for example directly after the [buildout] section:
[versions] plone.app.customerize = 1.1.2
In addition the line:
eggs = plone.app.customerize
needs to be added to the [plone] section. For a visual representation of these changes please refer to the ticket originally reporting the bug. After incorporating the changes buildout needs to be run again:
$ bin/buildout -n
The -n parameter should be used to ensure buildout is "Run in newest mode.".
- Updated translations.
- Fix album display for folders which do not contain any images. This fixes 8212.
- Fix invalid redirect in default view for comments.
- Update the sharing page:
- never reindex more than once when making changes.
- modify the search button to only search. Previously it would also apply all changes in addition to doing a search.
- do nothing if the form is submitted but no changes were made.
- handle invalid LDAP or OpenID users correctly.
- Update Archetypes:
- use Content-Disposition instead of Content-disposition as HTTP header for downloads. Fixes problems with MS Internet Explorer 6, which appears to be case sensitive contrary to standards.
- Add a new viewlet manager which allows adding of content at the bottom of content edit views.
- Add an option to the reference field to also copy references when copying an object.
- Update reference browser widget:
- Make it possible to remove references for single-reference fields.
- Add a new property 'startup_directory_method' to use a callable to determine the startup directory.
- Inserted references were not checked by default on Internet Explorer 7. This fixes 7936.
- Added a new property 'hide_inaccessible'. When set all items for which the user has no View permission are hidden.
- Add a 'random items' option to the collection portlet.
- Update GenericSetup import steps at each point when loading multiple profiles. Fixes CMF bug 213905.
- Fix group handling to use group introspection PAS plugins, making it possible to ask, for example, LDAP groups for their members.
- Fix user search to honour the order of user enumeration PAS plugins and correctly merge search results.
- Add support for po files inside i18n folders in Python packages. They need to registered as a Zope2 product but don't need to be in the Products.* namespace anymore.
- Do not create redirects for temporary URLs used while creating a new content object. This fixes 8260 and part of 7278.
- Update viewlets to use the 'index' attribute rather than 'render' for setting viewlet templates. This allows them to be overriden using the 'template' ZCML attribute.
- Do not show the display menu if it is disabled.
- Add an actionMenuSelected class to selected menu items.
- Standardize the rendering of the title in the folder contents template.
- Fix a problem with disappearing security context for customized browser views.
- Make it possible to customize viewlet and portlet templates registered with the same name for multiple browser layers.
- Correctly handle objects with a space in their id in the broken-link-checker.
Updated packages and products
- Archetypes 1.5.9
- Products.ATReferenceBrowserWidget 2.0.2
- Products.CMFPlone 3.1.3
- Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool 2.1.6
- Products.GenericSetup 1.4.1
- Products.PlacelessTranslationService 1.4.12
- Products.PlonePAS 3.6
- Products.PloneTranslations: 3.1.3
- five.customerize 0.3
- plone.app.content 1.1.3
- plone.app.contentmenu 1.1.3
- plone.app.customerize 1.1.1
- plone.app.layout 1.1.3
- plone.app.linkintegrity 1.0.10
- plone.app.portlets 1.1.3
- plone.app.redirector 1.0.9
- plone.app.workflow 1.1.3
- plone.fieldsets 1.0.2
- plone.portlet.collection 1.1.3
- plone.session 2.0