Plone 3.0.1 (Oct 09, 2007)
- This is an historical page intended for people who can't upgrade. Current versions of Plone can be found on the overview page
First maintenance release for Plone 3.0. This releases fixes several minor problems that were found by users and integrators after the 3.0 release.
For installation instructions go to: developer.plone.org/getstarted/installation.html.
There may be hotfixes applicable to this release. Always check the Plone Hotfix Page before production deployment.
For Windows (24.6MB)
For Mac OS X (35.9 MB)
For Mac OS X (35.3 MB)
For Linux (24.1MB)
For all platforms (11.8MB)
For SUSE Linux (38.2MB)
|Release Manager||Wichert Akkerman|
|Released||2005/09/13 00:00:00 Universal|
Since this is a maintenance release, none of the APIs, CSS classes/ids or other aspects of Plone that third party products may rely on have been changed. Several templates have been extended to restore customization hooks that were present in Plone 2.5 and missing in the Plone 3.0 release.
For a complete list of changes see the change log below and the history-information inside the products included in the Plone core release.
- Made default_error_message more robust when the NotFound path traverses a view. [ldr]
- Let the Editor role get 'Delete objects' permission, making it easier to delegate content management in a folder. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7078
- Added a wide range of proxy roles to check_id script, should allow it to work with all but the most unusual workflows. Eventually this should be converted to trusted code. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6999 [alecm]
- Fixed all the default view templates to use Archetypes' view mode for the widgets instead of using a special KSS template. This means that it's now very easy to add inline editing to your custom types, look at document_view.pt for an example. You just call the widget in view mode, and Plone takes care of the rest. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6705 [limi]
- Added migration for view customization container and utility. [witsch]
- NuPlone didn't set the background color explicitly on the body element, fixed. [limi]
- Adjusted some deprecation warnings to a later Plone version, as we haven't removed all usage of the underlying functions from Plone itself. [hannosch]