mxODBC Zope/Plone Database Adapter 2.0.2 (Feb 09, 2012)
eGenix.com is pleased to announce mxODBC Zope DA™ version 2.0.2, our new Zope/Plone ODBC Database Adapter, compatible with Plone 3.2 - 4.1, Zope 2.10 - 2.13 and Python 2.4 - 2.6 on all major platforms.
|Tested with||Plone 4.1, Plone 4, Plone 3|
|Released||2012/02/09 00:00:00 UTC|
The eGenix mxODBC Zope DA™ allows you to easily connect your Zope or Plone CMS installation to just about any database backend on the market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially supported eGenix product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC standard as middle-tier architecture.
The mxODBC Zope Database Adapter is highly portable, just like Zope itself and provides a high performance interface to all your ODBC data sources, using a single well-supported interface on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms.
This makes it ideal for deployment in ZEO Clusters and Zope hosting environments where stability and high performance are a top priority, establishing an excellent basis and scalable solution for your Plone CMS.
We are pleased to announce a new version 2.0.2 of our mxODBC Zope DA product.
With the patch level 2.0.2 release we have updated the integrated mxODBC Python Extension to the latest 3.1.1 release, which includes a number of important workarounds for these ODBC drivers:
- Oracle 10gR1 and 10gR2
- Oracle 11gR1 and 11gR2
- Teradata 13
Due to popular demand, we have also added instructions on how to install mxODBC Zope DA 2.0 with Plone 4.1 and Zope 2.13 - even though this combination is not officially supported by the mxODBC Zope DA 2.0 series.
The mxODBC Zope DA is now compatible with all recent Plone versions. Please see the mxODBC Zope DA documentation for details on how to install the product for use in Plone.
Licenses purchased for version 2.0.x of the mxODBC Zope DA will continue to work with the 2.0.2 patch level release.
All other users of mxODBC Zope DA will have to purchase new licenses from our online shop in order to upgrade to mxODBC Zope DA 2.0.
Compared to the previous 1.0 version of the mxODBC Zope DA, the 2.0 version offers these enhancements:
- Includes mxODBC 3.1 with updated support for many current ODBC drivers, giving you more portability and features for a wider range of database backends.
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.
- Plone 3.2, 3.3 and 4.0 support. Plone 4.1 tested successfully as well.
- Zope 2.10, 2.11 and 2.12 support. Zope 2.13 tested successfully as well.
- Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 support.
- Zero maintenance support to automatically reconnect the Zope connection after a network or database problem.
- More flexible Unicode support with options to work with pure Unicode, plain strings or mixed setups - even for databases that don't support Unicode
- Automatic and transparent text encoding and decoding.
- More flexible date/time support including options to work with Python datetime objects, mxDateTime, strings or tuples
- New decimal support to have the Zope DA return decimal column values using Python's decimal objects.
- Fully eggified to simplify easy_install and zc.buildout based installation
For the full list of features, please see the mxODBC Zope DA feature list.
Please visit the eGenix mxODBC Zope DA product page for downloads, instructions on installation and documentation of the packages
We provide binary versions available for Zope 2.10 and later, supporting Python versions 2.4 - 2.6, on all major Zope platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and FreeBSD.
For more information on the eGenix.com Python products, licensing and download instructions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.