Kupu 1.4 (Aug 14, 2007)
New drawer interface (easier to select folders), anchor drawer, optional Kupu drawers for reference fields. Paragraph styles within tables and link checking, configurable buttons, generic setup support. Plone 3 compatibility.
For all platforms (0 KB)
|Tested with||Plone 2.1, Plone 2.5, Plone 3|
|Release Manager||Duncan Booth|
|Released||2007/08/14 00:00:00 Universal|
- This version of Kupu has had the drawer interface substantially changed. It now uses radio buttons (or checkboxes for a multi selection drawer) to indicate the selection, and clicking on the title of a folder will navigate into the folder rather than selecting it. Optionally the Kupu drawers may also be used as a replacement for the AT Reference Browser widget on reference fields (toggled by a checkbox in the configlet, off by default).
There's a new anchor drawer which lets you create tables of contents for the current document, or simply link within the document. Internal and external link drawers also support linking to anchors within the remote documents (although in the case of external links this is limited by the security model to documents within the same domain).
Styles may be assigned to SPAN elements.
Beta 2 adds the ability to set paragraph styles within table cells. The style pulldown also now has a 'remove style' option to strip out the closest enclosing style.
The configlet has a new 'links' tab which lets you check which relative links in kupu editable fields appear to be broken, and also to convert relative links to kupu's resolveuid form or back again to relative.
Beta 3 adds:
- Paragraph styles may now be replaced as well as added to in a widget definition.
- Toolbar buttons may be hidden globally, according to an expression, or from a widget definition (new toolbar tab in configlet).
- Support for generic setup added (when present, older systems may continue to use the quickinstaller)
- Resource definitions can now optionally add any new Plone types to the resource. This means that all custom types will be 'linkable' unless otherwise configured.
Beta 4 adds:
- Improved integration with Plone 3 (in particular Plone now controls the filtering, not kupu).
- Fixed Plone 3 KSS integration
- Better cleanup of <br> tags.
- Fallback hook for uid transform when the uid isn't found.
Beta 5 new features:
- Kupu is automatically suppressed when the content being edited starts with an html comment (<!--).
- Table of contents numbering is now optional.
- By default, undo/redo, sub/superscript buttons and unordered list dropdown are disabled.
rc1 new features:
- manage anchors: allows creating and deleting anchors without directly creating links.
- i18n cleanup
- flash support
- tab key tabs out of kupu
- many bug fixes
rc2 new features:
- image captioning now has a customisable template. The default image size is configurable.
- toolbar icons now use a single image instead of 1 image per icon.
- The icons in the toolbar for Plone now use CSS sprites. This means that
instead of having 30 files each being 16x16, we put all the icons
in one file, and reference the file once. Then we use CSS positioning to
pull out the right icon.This has a major impact on how quickly Kupu
performs its initial load — as HTTP roundtripping is very time-consuming.
Before, Kupu did 17 HTTP requests for its initial image loading, now it
only does one.
- Fixed a KeyError exception when importing a GenericSetup profile.
- Minor styling changes to the image upload form.
- Plone tickets
* 6486: formUnload protection invoked for inline kupu editor even after Save
* 6833: Error 500 loading kupu_migration.xml
- Fixed broken code for determining the width of captioned images.
Also removed the hardwired html for the transform and use a
template instead (so it can be customised).
- Default image size is now configurable
- Plone tickets
* 6756: Kupu Pull-quote style not working in IE
* 6739 Hide the "edit without visual editor" link when there is only one format available
* 6535: Can't upload image via visual editor in inline edit
* 6801 'contentUsesKupu' shouldn't expect string type
* 6759: Kupu caption CSS needs some love.
- Added a 'manage anchors' tab to the anchor drawer
- Big cleanup of i18n attributes
- Updated the Japanese translation files, thx to Tyam.
- Added in some support for inserting Flash content.
- Media objects may now have a list of classes (specific to the portal type).
- Image drawer layout has been tidied up.
- Anchors in the link drawer now have a slightly cleaner ui.
- Drawer actions which do server requests now display a wait cursor.
- Removed the tabindex from all the toolbar buttons and added it to
the iframe: this means you can tab into kupu from above without
dying of old age as you try to get past the toolbar. Added a
handler for the tab key so that pressing tab will take you to the
next tabstop in the form.
- Only single trailing <br> tags are stripped from p and div tags: multiple
<br> tags are left unchanged (so those people who insist on using
the to generate whitespace still can).
- Plone tickets:
* 5622 Add a class (even if empty) to internal LinkDrawer
* 6283 Do not allow bigger images than Preview by default from Kupu
* 6440 Browser error: exception element has no properties while
registering an event handler for element null, event click, method
* 6720 i18n error in kupu collection
* 5985 Kupu should not strip the dir attribute by default.
* 5985 Range.intersectsNode declared obsolete
* 5189 patch to support embed tag
* 5420 "Edit with kupu" broken for fields on custom fieldset
* 6056 Extra line breaks added in pre tags
* 6103 resolveuid does not check input values and throws deep
"list index out of bound" error in ZopeGuards.py
* 6536 Formatting of captioned images is messed up
* 6548 Links tab on kupu control panel gives traceback, cannot
* 6598 Default linkables in Kupu: folder is not, plone site is not, ATRelativePathCriterion is
- 1.4 Beta 6
- Removed the getToolByName deprecation workround since
getToolByName is now officially undeprecated again.
- Removed most of the illegally nested forms produced by the xsl.
I hope this will stop IE6 crashing. The image upload form is still
there as it is going to take more major surgery to get rid of that
- 1.4 Beta 5
- Adjusted some more Plone tests to work on Plone 3.0.
- Kupu is automatically suppressed when the content being edited
starts with an html comment (<!--).
- getToolByName directed through a local kupu implementation in an
attempt to suppress CMFCore deprecation warning. (This is the wrong
way round, we should really call queryUtility everywhere in kupu and
have the mapping fallback to getToolByName, but it should do for now)
- Table of contents numbering is now optional.
- Disabled undo/redo, sub/superscript and unordered list buttons
- Link checker now recognises attributes with whitespace round '='.
- 1.4 Beta 4
- Adjusted some Plone tests to work on Plone 3.0.
- Added 'remove table' button to table drawer and tool box.
- the uid/captioning transform now has a hook which gets called if
kupu fails to resolve the uid. Use this for any fallback processing
(e.g. lookup the uid catalog in a different plone site, or just return
a default error page.
- Fixed NonXHTMLTagFilter default filterdata: 'big', 'small' and 'tt' are
valid XHTML tags, 'h7' not.
- Fixed some small issues in XhtmlValidation elements.
- Improved KSS integration:
* Added an invisible save button to Plone toolbar: KSS will link up
events and make it visible when editing inline.
* Fixed site error on empty page (Plone 3 compatibility)
- HTML cleanup improved: spurious <br/> tags removed.
- 1.4 Beta 3
- Fixed a bug where createLink deleted the selected text.
- Paragraph styles may now be replaced as well as added to in a
- Toolbar buttons may be hidden globally, according to an
expression, or from a widget definition.
- Support for generic setup added (when present, older systems may
continue to use the quickinstaller)
- Resource definitions can now optionally add any new Plone types to
the resource. This means that all custom types will be 'linkable'
unless otherwise configured.
- A modified version of jslint is included in the kupu
sources (with the ability to suppress a lot of the warnings).
now run through jslint without warnings. This means they can be
compressed by programs which remove line endings in an unsafe
- 1.4 Beta 2
- Paragraph styling now permitted inside a table again (contributed
by George Lee).
- Fixed a bug where changing a TR style while the selection covered
more than one row corrupted the DOM.
- New style option '(remove style)' always present and removes the
closest style round the selection (i.e. a span or block tag, or
removes the className if it hits a table tag with a class).
- Added a link maintenance page. Checks for bad links (i.e. those
kupu doesn't understand), also converts links from relative paths
to resolveuid and back again.
- 1.4 Beta 1
- Fixed some problems with handling of multi-valued form fields in the
ExternalSource tool code for Silva.
- Merged Plone style code back into common code.
- Redid the table style code to work better. The style pulldown now
displays either paragraph styles or table styles, not both
- Added code to manipulate anchors. New drawer to insert anchor
links either singly or as a table. (Plone and HMTL forms).
- Changes to drawer layout to look prettier and to allow direct
linking to folders.
- Support for AT reference browsing using the Kupu UI. This means
that Kupu on Plone now requires Archetypes 1.3+
- Plone sample customisation now gets run on installation if there
isn't a customised version. This means that the defaults for the
tool don't all need to be hardwired.
- Plone configlet now makes it easier to enable linkbyuid and
- HTML view now does filtering by default in Plone (can be turned
off in the configlet). This also means that after pasting from e.g.
Word the HTML can be cleaned up simply by toggling source view