The Inventory Builder product particularly focus on users who are new to Plone so it can be used without any other modifications to build websites with various kinds of content and that all just TTW (Through-The-Web).
Also allows more experienced Plone maintainers to use it as additional framework when they are developing websites where specific kinds of the content are needed.
How it works?
Think about inventory as special Folder which is set to contain specific content-types like short news, products, advertisements or simple articles. You can create as many inventories in Plone portal as you wish and every one can contain different type of documents.
The simplest usage is for example when you are building simple company presentation where you need (beside common information like contacts and document about your company) products catalog / presentation. Instead of standard Folder content-type you can create Inventory object, define attributes (type, price, image(s)) of your products which you want to publish for your possible customers and start to create and publish your own product items.
- basic content publishing - Site manager / developer need simple content-types with custom or additional fields (attributes) other than standard Plone content-types offers. He define his own document, news, event or other kinds of content-types (without any programming) and adds specific content.
- various inventory building - Intranet / Extranet solution require user-friendly environment to file some company specific data and make them available for searching, sorting etc. For example company internal phone registry - takes a few minutes to build such a specific mini-application with the Inventory Builder ;)
- complex web applications - More experienced site managers / developers can use this product to tag together common web-applications like weblog, guestbook, message board or simple discussion, products catalog, advertising portal, specific community portal etc.
- This product can help you to resolve many of your needs but can't cook your cofee ;-)
- Content schemata editing - enables custom content-types creation with custom attributes
- Multiple categories - categorizing inventory content into more then one categories (or subcategories)
- A lot of TTW customization - a lot of customizations can be done from inventory edit form
- i18n & LinguaPlone support - user interface can be translated to any language and manage multilingual content
- Contextual help - inventory has own simple implementation of contextual help or guidlines for users
- Inventory workflows - ships with own basic workflows for it's content-types
- Predefined views - provides pack of different ready to use view templates for inventory content
- Folder inventory listing - ships with additional views for folders containing inventories
- Masking of banned words - user defined forbidden words can be masked in published content
- Restricting HTML tags - user defined HTML tags can be used in text attributes of the inventory content
- English by Lukas Zdych & Radim Novotny
- Czech by Lukas Zdych & Radim Novotny
- Romanian by Constantin Avramescu
If you are interested in translating this product into your native language, feel free to contact us.
Here you can find how-to document about translating the product.
- CCB CAR Česká republika
First commercial solution powered by Inventory Builder product. There is one inventory used as cars catalog. Additionlly the most of data are updated by xml import from external system.
- Plone 2.1.x or 2.5
- ATSchemaEditorNG 0.4.3 (UNRELEASED / SVN)
- DataGridField 1.0 beta 6 radio-button-branch
- ZopeTree 1.3
ATSchemaEditor, DataGridField and ZopeTree are part of bundled InventoryBuilder package
Thanks to all ArchGenXML authors for this very usefull product.
Thanks to PloneMall developers for some basic ideas.
Thanks to authors of the ATSchemaEditorNG product without which the Inventory Builder can't live
Thanks to ZopeTree authors for ability to display inventory categories structure in nice tree.
Inventory Builder 0.4
Released Jul 06, 2006 — tested with Plone 2.1.1, Plone 2.1, Archetypes 1.3.5
This is just first public testing release published only from historycal reasons - please look for some newer versions!
More about this release…
- Get Inventory Builder for all platforms
- Get Inventory Builder for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|1.1||Additional features and utilities for site developers and more experienced webmasters. More about this release…||
|1.0||First stable release of this product. More about this release…||
|0.4||Jul 06, 2006||This is just first public testing release published only from historycal reasons - please look for some newer versions! More about this release…||