EEA Alchemy allows you to bulk auto-discover geographical coverage, temporal coverage, keywords and more
Auto-discover geographical coverage, temporal coverage and keywords from documents common metadata (title, description, body, etc) and auto highlight keywords within a page content based on selected tags.
- Main features
- Planed features
- Getting started
- Source code
- Copyright and license
This tool allows Plone managers to auto-discover and fix subject keywords, location and temporal coverage using http://www.alchemyapi.com/ web service.
- Auto-discover keywords, locations and temporal coverage;
- Auto highlight keywords within a page content based on selected tags and link them to a custom search page.
- Add a wizard icon near Subject, Location, etc fields in edit form to auto-discover and suggest tags based on text in other fields (Title, Description)
- Add eea.alchemy to your eggs section in your buildout and re-run buildout. You can download a sample buildout from https://github.com/collective/eea.alchemy/tree/master/buildouts/plone4
- Install eea.alchemy within Site Setup > Add-ons
- Get your alchemy key here: http://www.alchemyapi.com/api/register.html
- Update your alchemy API key within Site Setup > Alchemy Settings
- Within Plone Control panel go to Alchemy Discoverer.
- Enable auto-tagging within Site Setup > Alchemy Settings
- Edit your document and add some tags for it within /edit > Categorization. For example, if you're writing a news article about water pollution go to /edit > Categorization and add water pollution within tags field (also known as keywords, subjects, topics). Now when you navigate to the View page of this article, you'll notice that all occurrences of water pollution within your news article body are links to a custom search page which is also configurable within Alchemy Settings ControlPanel
- Latest source code (Plone 4 compatible):
- Plone 2 and 3 compatible:
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). All Rights Reserved.
The EEA Alchemy (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
More details under docs/License.txt
- Upgrade step: (optional) Manually Enable auto tagging within Site Setup > Alchemy Settings [voineali refs #9486]
- Upgrade step: Within "Plone > Site setup > Add-ons" click on upgrade button available for EEA Alchemy [voineali refs #9486]
- Feature: Auto highlight keywords within a page content based on selected tags and link them to a custom search page [voineali refs #9486]
- Feature: Group all Alchemy settings within Site Setup > Alchemy Settings [voineali refs #9486]
- Bug fix: fixed markup of HISTORY.txt file [ciobabog refs #5231]
- Bug Fix: Fixed i18n missing tags and i18n:domain in .pt files [prospchr refs #5162]
- Feature: added batch selection on bulk auto-dicover [ghicaale #5008]
- Feature: added preview feature for the bulk auto-discover [ghicaale #5008]
- Feature: added transaction commits for faster reindex on bulk auto-discover [ghicaale #5008]
- Bug fix: fixed reindexing objects after bulk auto-discover geotags [ghicaale #5008]
- Bug fix: fixed not to show empty suggestions on bulk auto-discover geotags [ghicaale #5008]
- no changes
- Feature: Added possibility to auto-discover tags not only in Title and Description. [voineali #4633]
- Feature: Added upgrade steps [voineali #4392]
- Feature: Plone 4.x compatible release [ghicaale #4235]
- Cleanup: of pyflakes warnings [ichimdav #4141]
- Cleanup: of pylint violations [ichimdav #4140]
- Initial release
Released May 21, 2013 — tested with Plone 4.2
More about this release…
- Get EEA Alchemy for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|5.0||May 21, 2013||New features More about this release…||
|4.4||Jul 16, 2012||Bug fixes More about this release…||
|4.3||Apr 27, 2012||New features and bug fixes More about this release…||
|4.2||Feb 08, 2012||More about this release…||
|4.0||Nov 07, 2011||Fully tested release compatible with Plone 4.1 More about this release…||