#1: PloneFormGen integration
Switch to using PloneFormGen fields, form rendering and 'action adapters', removing existing implementations
- Proposed by
- Petri Savolainen
- Proposal type
- The form sequence manager (editing & rendering machinery) has to be updated to reflect changes in AT rendering system and the underlying Zope platform. It might be better to switch to using code from existing implementation of similar functionality (PloneFormGen's)
- PloneFormGen appears to be here to stay. It has traction in the Plone community, and already supports versions 3.x.
- It would be possible to benefit from existing PFG action adapters
- PFG and Collage can and will be integrated so that advanced form layouts become possible in PFG, equal to or better than what's in eCampaigning Tool today
- rewrite steptask_* scripts as PFG action adapters, likewise with the validators
- adjust form sequence rendering so that it works with Collage pages & PFG forms
- loss of functionality due to lack of built-in support for multipage forms in PFG?
- loss of functionality due to lack of integration between PFG and Collage?
- PFG / Collage losing community support?