Makes Dieter Maurer's DocFinder available from a ZMI management tab
This product makes Dieter Maurer's DocFinder available from a ZMI management tab. Looking inside an object becomes as easy as clicking its "Doc" tab!
DocFinderTab allows you to view an object's:
- Class (and base class) names and docstrings.
- Attribute names, roles, arguments, and docstrings.
DocFinderTab can be of great help when discovering object APIs and debugging security problems.
Either use easy_install or add Products.DocFinderTab to the eggs section of your buildout.cfg and re-run buildout.
Traditional Product Installation
Copy or symlink the DocFinderTab subdirectory of this package into your Products directory.
Restart Zope. This will add a "Doc" tab to every object's managment screens (ZMI). Now click the "Doc" tab and start exploring.
See the online help for a detailed explanation of what you can do with DocFinderTab, or read help/README.stx directly.
1.0.5 - 2011-07-27
- Upgrade imports, remove warnings in Zope 2.13. [lzdych]
- Do not show docstrings of datetime, date, time, and timedelta attributes. [stefan]
1.0.4 - 2009-05-26
- CHANGES.txt didn't make it into the long desc (and onto this page).
1.0.3 - 2009-05-25
- Reformat README.txt and CHANGES.txt to use restructured text.
- Repackage as a Python source egg.
- Print a pretty None.
- Do not show docstrings of DateTime attributes.
- Update to DocFinder 1.0.3.
- Require at least Python 2.3.
- Use logging instead of zLOG.
- Handle Acquisition.Acquired.
- Handle property, staticmethod, and classmethod.
- Minor tweaks to the monkey patch and showDocumentation.dtml.
- Added 'bool' and 'complex' to simple types mapping.
- Don't display zope.interface internal attributes.
- Format roles more nicely, remove duplicates and faux roles, sort.
- You can get the raw representation back by setting FORMAT_ROLES=0 in config.py.
- Renamed product to DocFinderTab.
- Do not display docstrings but names of simple types in Python 2.3.
- Cookies did not work for everybody, they do now.
- Make full use of DocFinder 0.4's filtering capabilities. Results may now be filtered by regular expression and level of detail.
- Even nicer stylesheets for structured text.
- Again change the monkey patch and apply it to Item only.
- Patch ObjectManager instead of Application. Thanks to Gilles Lenfant.
- Go even further and patch Bindings directly.
- Fix file permissions issue.
- Boldly patch the Script base class.
- Added 'View documentation' permission.
- Monkey patch wrapper around Dieter Maurer's DocFinder product. Adds a ZMI "Doc" tab to all Zope objects.
Released Jul 27, 2011
- Get DocFinderTab for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|1.0.5||Jul 27, 2011||More about this release…||ZPL||final|
|1.0.4||May 26, 2009||More about this release…||ZPL||final|
|1.0.3||May 25, 2009||More about this release…||ZPL||final|
|1.0.2||Mar 15, 2007||Cosmetic fix for 1.0.1. More about this release…||ZPL||final|
|1.0.1||Sep 10, 2006||Bugfix release for 1.0.0. More about this release…||ZPL||final|
|1.0.0||May 21, 2006||DocFinderTab 1.0.0 is an update targeted at recent versions of Zope 2. More about this release…||ZPL||final|
|0.5.3||Feb 18, 2006||DocFinderTab 0.5.3 is a maintenance release to make DFT work better with recent Zopes. More about this release…||
|0.5.2||Apr 28, 2005||DocFinderTab 0.5.2 improves the way roles are displayed by removing duplicates, sorting, etc. More about this release…||ZPL||final|