currency.converter package fetches currency rate data from European Central Bank for about recent 3 months. Once the data is fetched, the data is persisted in ZODB in case of whatever difficulty to fetch the data again. There are currency converter page and portlet included in this package and several methods you can use for your own applications.
Log in as a manager and go to the page, "your_portal/@@manage-currency". By visiting the page, the current currency data will be fetched if possible and automatically persisted.
Site manager can give two different variables in addition to currencies, days and margin.
- This amout is used to caclulate average of currencies. For example, if you input 10 to this field, 10 recent days are used to calculate average currency rate. This keeps currency rate fluctuation smaller than using everyday plain rate. If nothing or 0 is input there, it doesn't calculate average, but uses current rate.
- Margin adds % of rate to the currency rate. 0 is 0 % margin where is no margin.
- Path to sample-90d.xml fixed for test.
- Added IPortalCurrency to adapt currency to portal.
- Tested with Plone-4.0rc1.
- currency-converter view updated.
- Deprecated import updated.
- Tested with Plone-4.0b3.
- Minor visual updates.
- Tested with Plone-4.0b2.
- Polish currency name changed to avoid UnicodeEncodeError.
- Tested with Plone-3.3.
- Sample xml file added for test.
- Tested with Plone-3.3rc5.
- Translations updated.
- Currency code and name vocabulary added.
- Initial release
If you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, just do this:
Add currency.converter to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:[buildout]eggs =currency.converter
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:[instance]recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instancezcml =currency.converter
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:$ ./bin/buildout
Setting Time Server
To fetch the currency data regularly like every day, describe to the instance section of buildout.cfg the next way.
[instance]zope-conf-additional =<clock-server>method /your_portal/@@get-currencyperiod 86400user adminpassword admin_passhost localhost</clock-server>
- Change your_portal to your plone site id
- Period is seconds between eache fetch of the currency data. 86400 seconds are the 24 hour. The data is usually updated daily on week days.
- Describe admin name to admin and its password to admin_pass.
- host is host name of your server.
[X] Unit tests
[ ] End-user documentation
[X] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[ ] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[ ] Code structure follows best practice
Released Aug 27, 2010
- Get Currency Converter for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|0.5.5||Aug 27, 2010||More about this release…||GPL||final|
|0.5.4||Aug 25, 2010||More about this release…||GPL||final|
|0.5.3||Jun 02, 2010||More about this release…||GPL||final|
|0.5.2||May 04, 2010||More about this release…||GPL||final|
|0.5.1||Aug 27, 2009||More about this release…||final|
|0.4.4||Jun 18, 2009||Japanese translations updated. More about this release…||
|0.4.2||Jun 08, 2009||Currency code and name vocabulary added. More about this release…||