csvreplicata 1.1 (Nov 20, 2009)
The csvreplicata main new features are: plugins to handle non-AT attributes, Generic Setup step to automate content importation from GS, Plone 2.5 backport to enable massive content migration from 2.5 to 3, ability to import CSV located on the server (to avoid long uploads).
For all platforms (36 kB)
|Tested with||Plone 3, Plone 2.5|
|Release Manager||Eric BREHAULT|
Migrate contents from Plone 2.5 to Plone 3.x
csvreplicata is now Plone 2.5 compliant, so it is possible to export an entire Plone 2.5 site using csvreplicata and import it back into a fresh Plone 3 site.
csvreplicata step for Generic Setup
By providing replicata.cfg and replicata.csv into a profile (see setuphandlers.py for details), you can import contents into a Plone site using Generic Setup.
Non-AT attributes custom plugins
To import/export non-AT attributes, write an plugin (see adapters.py for details) and register it as an adpater, e.g.:
<adapter name="comments_searcher" factory=".adapters.CommentsObjectsSearcher" provides="Products.csvreplicata.interfaces.ICSVReplicataObjectsSearcher" for="Products.csvreplicata.interfaces.Icsvreplicata Products.CMFCore.interfaces._tools.IDiscussionTool"/>
Avoid long file upload
When importing a lot of content, it might be diffucult to upload the CSV from the web browser. Based on the same principle as ZOPE zexp /import folder, you can now declare a server local folder in the csvreplicate tool where you can put you CSV file to import.
- A new import step to use csvreplicata to import contents [toutpt]
- Fix creationflag issue [toutpt]
- plugins system. Export other things than AT. take a look at interfaces and adpaters [kiorky]
- some encoding bugs fixed [kiorky]
- datetime format settings in the tool [kiorky]
- images/files created with folder structure in export [kiorky]
- Plone 2.5 compatibility back [kiorky]
- ability to import csv files located on the server [ebrehault]
- Prevent fixTools from running outside of the context of Products.csvreplicata [pigeonflight]
- Fix export when data value is not ascii [yboussard]
- support vocabulary defined as object method [Jim BAACK]
- fix bug crc32 with large media files
- when you set a CSVHandledTypesSchematas default is automatically preselected for user convenience [Jean-Philippe CAMGUILHEM]