This tool is used to manage copyright licenses within plone. It allows for both a site wide copyright license to be set by default, and the ablility to set licenses on individual objects. It supports a number of licenses including all rights reserved, GFDL, and Creative Commons (with an integrated license picker). You can also enter and select licenses not supported by default, or configure new licenses that will appear in the selection widget for your Plone instance.
Content Licensing Tool
This tool is used to manage copyright licenses within plone. It is a product built in response to PLIP #136.
- Added Recursive Licensing for folders.
- Added default support for Creative Commons 3.0 licenses
- Updated UI to clarify default site settings for end user.
- Fixed a bug that did not render the licensing RDF for Creative Commons Licenses.
This product no longer relies on the DublinCoreExtensions Addon. Simply unpack the product in your products directory, restart Zope, and use the quick installer via the "Site Settings/Add/Remove Products" link to install it.
If you are upgrading an existing ContentLicensing product from a previous version please see additional instructions contained in the INSTALL.txt file.
- Configlet for setting default sitewide settings.
- Citation hot link to the copyright byline. Citation appears in full text for plain and print views.
- Support for Creative Commons style RDF embedded in RSS feeds. Can use this feed in place of the standard default RSS feed shipped with Plone.
- Support for jurisdiction setting, making it possible to choose a correct Creative Commons license based on your geographical location.
- Support for the latest Zope and Plone (Zope-2.9.7/Plone-2.5.2).
- DublinCoreExtensions addon is now incorporated into the Content Licensing Product.
- Site wide defaults for Copyright, Copyright Holder, and Copyright License.
- Custom settings for document, file and image objects.
- Copyright Byline at the bottom of content object views.
- RDF metadata and license info embedded in the view.
- Support for search engine compatibility and content licensing.
- Adds two Dublin Core metadata extensions to content objects.
- Built using Zope annotations, with Zope 3 style configuration and views.
- Plone 2.5.x / Plone 3.x
- Zope 2.9.x / Zope 2.10.x
Released Mar 16, 2009 — tested with Plone 3
Eggified version of Content Licensing
More about this release…
- Get ContentLicensing for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|2.1.0||Mar 16, 2009||Eggified version of Content Licensing More about this release…||
|2.0.0||Jan 18, 2008||This release focuses on making ContentLicensing Plone 3.0 compatible More about this release…||
|1.0.5||Jun 22, 2007||Security fixes, usable install/uninstall and migration. More about this release…||
|1.0.4||Mar 29, 2007||This release updates the codebase to work with Creative Commons 3.0 licenses, as well as minor UI enhancements, and Recursive Licensing for folderish objects. More about this release…||
|1.0.3||Jan 11, 2007||This release now contains a configlet for setting default copyright settings in a Plone site. It also includes a link in the footer to citation/attribution information for users who may want to refer to or reuse content. More about this release…||
|1.0.2||Oct 19, 2006||This is an updated production release of the Content Licensing Product. More about this release…||
|1.0.1||Sep 21, 2006||The first production release of this plone product. More about this release…||