Reveal some not-so-hidden Plone feature for sorting your folders
The piece of software that make it possible to sort items in Plone contains hidden additional features.
Normally, when you call a sort action in Plone, you call a URL like this:
The Plone UI has no way at the moment for performing actions like this:
But this feature is inside Plone: in this way you will sort a folder automatically, using a field value for comparison (like "title", or "created").
The folder_position script uses the orderObjects API. This last method has some additional nice features that unluckily are not exposed to users. But we can fix this.
What this product does
This product adds to Plone some of the features that follow, patching Plone a little (see also #11317).
Can now sort a folder in reverse order
You can call an URL like this:
and this will sort the folder using reverse criteria.
Add "delta" criteria to the sorting mechanism
You can call:
Add a nice Plone interface for global folder sorting
Your "Action" menu will be populated with a new entry: "Sort folder". This will present the user a Plone form where he can perform common sorting operations.
What this product isn't
This product only reveals features that are already in Plone (inside the orderObjects method). It will not add new sorting behaviour.
On pypi there is a newer product that upgrades base folder_contents view with more features (like different sorting methods, multiple upload or shift-click selection): pypi.python.org/pypi/wildcard.foldercontents
Testing for collective.sortmyfolder has been done on:
- Plone 3.3
- Plone 4.2
Developed with the support of S. Anna Hospital, Ferrara
S. Anna Hospital supports the PloneGov initiative.
- Fixed manifest for rst files [micecchi]
- Fixed uninstall step for skin layer [micecchi]
- Moved to https://github.com/collective/collective.sortmyfolder [maurits]
- Set the icon_expr in actions.xml so we register the action icon in the preferred way in Plone 4. We keep actionicons.xml for backwards compatibility with Plone 3. [maurits]
- No longer use the plone domain for our action as portal_actions accepts other domains too. This means we no longer need the i18n directory. Added an upgrade step to switch our action to use collective.sortmyfolder as domain. [maurits]
- Added MANIFEST.in so .mo files can be included in the release (automatically when using zest.releaser+zest.pocompile). [maurits]
- Made compatible with Plone 4.1. [maurits]
- Updated Dutch translations [fvandijk]
- Corrected english spelling in README.txt [fvandijk]
- added new dates sorting criteria [keul]
- added the field for a custom way to sort [keul]
- do not show the menu entry if you can't sort the current object [keul]
- tested also on Plone 4
- fixed typo syntax error in english text [markvl]
- added dutch translation [markvl]
- initial release
[ ] Unit tests
[X] End-user documentation
[ ] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[ ] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[X] Code structure follows best practice
Released Nov 13, 2012 — tested with Plone 4.2, Plone 4.1, Plone 4, Plone 3
More about this release…
- Get collective.sortmyfolder for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|1.0.5||Nov 13, 2012||fixed manifest More about this release…||
|1.0.4||Nov 13, 2012||fixed uninstall step More about this release…||
|1.0.3||Oct 14, 2012||Moved to github. More about this release…||
|1.0.2||Nov 14, 2011||Migration to Plone 4.1 More about this release…||
|1.0.1||Apr 20, 2011||Updated dutch translation More about this release…||
|1.0.0||Apr 06, 2011||Final release More about this release…||
|0.2.0||Jan 07, 2011||Translation release More about this release…||
|0.1.0||First releease More about this release…||